Position: Acquisition Intern
Status: Part-time or full-time
Reports Directly To: Acquisition lead
Quantum Spatial is in search of an Acquisition Intern in the Portland office. We are looking to fill this position immediately. This job will initially be a part-time position (20+ hours a week), with the potential for full-time capacity based upon work load and availability.
The acquisition intern will work under the supervision of the Portland acquisition team in support of field data collection operations. This position will provide an opportunity to learn first-hand the principles behind remote sensing data acquisition, including collection of LiDAR and orthophotography. There will also be opportunities for hands-on training in ground survey methodology in support of flight operations. This is a chance to gain real world experience in a fast-paced business environment in one of today’s fastest growing industries.
A successful candidate will have the following:
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of basic GIS principles and geospatial concepts
• Familiarity with ArcGIS software
• Current enrollment or a degree from an accredited university in science, engineering, or a related field
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support organizing daily field log data
• Assist in project status tracking
• Organization and distribution of supplies to field staff
• Perform initial QC checks of raw data from the field
• Travel as needed in order to assist in field operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for individuals with the ability to be successful working independently, as well as in a team setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent decision making and problem solving abilities, computer proficiency, and an interest in GIS and remote sensing. The ideal candidate should possess the desire and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
A typical work day for an acquisition intern can be broken down as follows:
• 70% office related tasks involving time spent at a computer
• 20% walking, running errands, and organization of field supplies
• 10% moving equipment up to 50 pounds
• Occasional travel and field work may be required (field work is outdoors and may involve inclement weather and rough terrain)
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply: Please upload a letter of interest, resume with professional references, and salary history in one (1) PDF via online application https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=wsidata&jobI...
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
WSI is now Quantum Spatial. Read all about it here.