Assistant Planner/GIS Technician
Date Posted: 01/30/2019
Employer: Urban Collaborative
Employer Website: http://www.urbancollaborative.com/
Start Date: 02/18/2019
Compensation Range: DOE
Employer Address: 800 Willamette St. Suite 790
Eugene, OR 97401
The Urban Collaborative seeks an Assistant Planner/GIS Technician for their Eugene, Oregon office. The Assistant Planner/GIS Technician will assist in organizing, interpreting, mapping, and visualizing demographic and geographic data for a wide variety of international, regional, and local planning projects and data requests. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ESRI ArcGIS software and will have strong technical analysis and graphic presentation skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of regional and local planning projects, including regional and local land use planning, rezoning efforts, open space and recreation plans, and transit-oriented development in diverse communities across the United States and internationally. Travel is required for this position.
This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, collaborative, and interdisciplinary team focused on helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals through engaging, educational, and efficient participatory processes tailored to each project’s scale, context, and culture. To learn more about The Urban Collaborative, visit www.urbancollaborative.com. Compensation for this position depends on experience.
Examples of Duties
• Creating custom maps using ArcMap
• Basic spatial analysis
• Digitizing and editing spatial data
• Organization and interpretation of demographic and land use data
• Perform other planning duties as necessary
The following are required qualifications for the position:
• One-year training and experience using ArcGIS
• Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software
• Strong data management and organizational skills, with a personal commitment to the quality of the product(s)
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and agency partners
• Basic familiarity with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
• Basic familiarity with AutoCAD
The following are preferred qualifications for the position:
• Experience with data management best practices
• Familiarity with cartographic principles and technical methods, including labeling
• Familiarity with topics and principles related to smart growth, regional planning, sustainable development, and social equity
• Experience working with diverse data sets from federal, state, and local agencies
• Demonstrated innovative, strategic and analytical capabilities, self-motivation, and goal-oriented approach
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting February 1, 2019.
Please email email@example.com to apply.