Good tips for those looking for a job in GIS and it's under $5.00!
An eBook titled, Careers in GIS: an Unfiltered Guide to Finding a GIS Job (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080KYSTQ), is here! This new book has up to date information that has previously been touched upon by this blog but also includes tons (well, maybe not tons but hundreds of pounds) of new material to help you land a job in the GIS industry. Less than $5 to get some insightful strategies on how to get a GIS job? How can you go wrong?
What about a list of chapters?
1. GIS Job Hunting Requirements
2. Passion of the GIS
3. Should You Be a Big Fish in a Little GIS Pond?
4. Checking Up on the GIS Competition
5. Learn How to Make Damn Map!
6. GIS Gruntwork
7. Should I Get a GIS Certificate?
8. Finding the Best GIS Certificate Program
9. Your GIS Graduate Degree and You
10. Which Database Platform Is Best to Know for GIS?
11. GIS Programming: It's Unavoidable
12. YouTube Your GIS Skillz
13. How to Search the Web for GIS Jobs
14. Employer's Websites: The Best Kept GIS Secret
15. Free GIS E-Newsletters, Don't Miss an Opportunity!
16. Watch the GIS blogs!
17. Social media and GIS
18. Congregate with Your Own GIS Kind
19. GIS Jobs in Developing Countries
21. Questions You Should Be Asking at the GIS Interview
22. Neogeographer: Become One...Or Don't...
23. What Happened to the GIS Analyst?
24. Want a GIS Job? It's Time to Get Political
25. The GIS Job Urban Myth...or Is It?
26. Create Some GIS Out of Nothing