It is an exciting time with Terra Remote Sensing Inc USA. Terra is seeking experienced full-time Aerial Geomatics
Technicians – Field Operations to be part of a growing Aerial Field Survey Team and support our US project work. The Aerial Field Survey Team focuses primarily on LiDAR and aerial image data acquisition, GPS ground control, data validation, analysis as well as processing of results. This role is ideal for someone who resides in the Pacific Northwest United States, has a home office and is willing to travel for projects.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Aerial Field Survey, responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Acquisition of aerial LiDAR, aerial photography, and INS (inertial navigation systems) for clients within various sectors (Electrical Transmission, Transportation, Forestry, etc.).
• Mission and logistical planning and execution; including, but not limited to coordinating equipment preparation, mobilization checklists, process forms, flight line and control network planning.
• 1+ years of operator experience in data acquisition, surveying or/and mapping. Experience with remote sensing such as LiDAR, GPS, Orthophotography, INS surveying, calibration and/or processing are deemed assets.
• Undergraduate degree or related diploma in a related Geomatics curriculum. PLS certification is an asset.
• Ability to perform field survey operations in helicopter and/or small fixed-wing.
• Experience using processing software for the positioning of INS data.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently and sometimes for long durations.
Pacific Northwest United States Preferred
Salary will commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Terra is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com, Attention: Human Resources.
For additional information please visit our website at https://www.terraremote.com/
The Sinclair College National UAS Training and Certification Center is pleased to announce the launch of the Autonomy Bytes podcast, which is dedicated to keeping the public up to date on the latest trends, technologies, and applications of autonomous systems. Each episode highlights interviews with leading experts to provide their insights and opinions in a format that is educational and entertaining. The show is sponsored by the Sinclair College National UAS Training and Certification Center and co-hosted by Dr. Andrew Shepherd and Col. Ryan Smith, USAF Ret.
The initial two episodes have been posted for the months of October and November, with additional episodes expected to be released monthly. Episodes released to date include:
001 - Gregory Crutsinger: UAS Wildfire Response
The impact of wildfires on the American West has been catastrophic, but drones are proving to be a great tool for first responders and emergency management agencies.
002 – Roy Peshin: Unmanned Systems Modeling and Simulation
Modeling and simulation have been developed into useful tools for research, training, and education. Increasingly, they are also being applied in operational environments including Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) and Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) solutions.
The show is accessible through all major podcast apps, as well as via the direct links provided below: