National Park Service
Cultural Resources GIS Internship
San Francisco Regional Office
Works remotely and assists National Park Service (NPS) Cultural Resources Program staff with creating and editing spatial data for historic structures and cultural landscapes located in various National Park sites within the western United States. Duties include editing Geographic Information System (GIS) spatial data and attribute tables using the NPS Cultural Resources Spatial Data Transfer Standards. Knowledge and experience using ArcGIS and editing attribute tables required. Familiarity with cultural resources preferred, but not
The position is through Conservation Legacy (http://www.conservationlegacy.org).
Remote. Position will work with the staff at the NPS Regional Office at 333 Bush Street, San Francisco.
$23.75 per hour
Length of Position
12 weeks, fulltime.
Negotiable between May and July.
• Must be a US citizen.
• This is a youth stewardship position to be filled by a person ages 15-35, but does
not need to be a current student.
• Must pass federal background check.
• Experience with the current suite of ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions.
• Possess practical knowledge of geodatabase design principles and understanding
of geographic projection datums and geospatial data.
• Proficiency in geospatial data management, including working with
geodatabases, performing database queries, georeferencing, and data creation.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Understanding of data quality control concepts.
Send cover letter and resume to Vida Germano at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9, 2021.
Leave a Reply.