Transpo Group is seeking a temporary, part time Data Collection Field Technician to add to our team. This Field Technician will work in the Battleground area in the State of Washington. This position will be expected to wrap up by September 2021. This a perfect opportunity for a college student in Civil Engineering to get some hands-on experience!
The position will be part-time with variable weekly hours up to 30-40 hours per week, with the potential for more hours as project needs change. The hours are flexible but must be completed in daylight, and work can be planned around the individual’s schedule. Candidates must have reliable transportation and must live within commuting distance to the work location.
The ideal candidate would be a student seeking a degree in civil engineering, geography, GIS or planning. This position will utilize company provided tablets to collect and enter data which will be shared real-time with project engineers. This position will be collecting data on pedestrian and related facilities (sidewalk, curb ramps, etc.) across the Battleground area. This is a great opportunity to get real world experience by participating on a project team.
We are seeking candidates who are hardworking, reliable, organized and detailed. Much of the work will be self-directed and require self-motivated problem solvers who can follow directions and communicate effectively with team members.
There will be an initial training and evaluation period. Fully paid training provided.
This position pays $16/hour. Please apply at https://www.transpogroup.com/jobs.
• Excellent sense of direction and ability to read a map
• Willingness to walk up to 5 miles per day while constantly bending over to take ground measurements
• Willingness to do any required tasks to accomplish accurate deliverables on time or ahead of schedule
• Experience managing large amounts of data
• Valid WA driver’s license and a good DMV record (required) and authorized to work in the US
• Reliable transportation for fieldwork
• Completed classes in pursuit of a degree in civil engineering, geography, GIS or planning
• Experience with GIS data collection using ESRI GIS products
At Transpo Group, we're shaping the future of transportation. We're an award-winning planning and design firm specializing in transportation planning, traffic engineering and intelligent transportation systems. We are an employee centered firm that attracts the most talented engineers and planners in our industry. We all have a passion for excellence and get to work on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in our industry. If you have a passion for what you do and want to work within a great team of engineers and planners, we want to hear from you today!