Database-GIS Specialist, ILRI-IWMI, Addis Ababa
Deadline: 20 February 2011 (10 days after being posted in Ethiopian Herald on 10 February 2011)
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- the design, implementation, quality assurance, management and maintenance of IWMI East Africa project databases;
- the provision of GIS and database services to the IWMI East Africa research team;
- maintenance and oversight of system development and expansion of the IWMI East Africa servers
- MSc degree in GIS/RS information management, computer science or relevant discipline with focus on database and information management.
- Excellent understanding of GIS tools including ESRI products and open source web mapping tools including Map Server, Googlemap API, KML.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in system analysis, system design and system developments.
- Good communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with information providers and users and determine client’s requirement.
For the full job description: