Clean Water Services is accepting applications for a Engineering Technician 2 in the Planning & Development Services Division to perform inspections of vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure and low impact development approaches. To learn more about the position and how to apply visit the link below.
The Conveyance Systems Department - Development Related Services, is seeking an Engineering Technician 2-Systems Planning. This position performs journey-level through advanced engineering tasks associated with the location, drafting, design, review, permitting, construction, and inspection of engineering projects. Performs inspection of vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure and low impact development approaches.
The deadline to apply for this position has been extended to August 19th, 2019 at 5:00p.m.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Explain District policies, procedures, and requirements regarding permitting, review, approval, and inspection of developer-installed storm sewer facilities, vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure, low impact development approaches, and erosion control; research and answer complex questions regarding District policies, procedures, and requirements regarding permitting, review, and approval of developer projects.
2. Perform responsible field work including inspection and approval of developer-installed vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure, low impact development approaches, vegetated corridor restoration, and erosion control measures; issue enforcement actions for sites found to be in violation of Agency ordinances and specifications; perform pre-development investigation and evaluation of physical site, vegetated corridor, and water quality sensitive area conditions; assist with field surveying for design.
3. Draft moderately complex design and construction drawings, layout maps, LID illustrations, topographic and location maps, graphics, and other materials using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and Geographic Information System (GIS) software.
4. Conduct research and perform basic engineering calculations for collection system design projects and studies.
5. Perform preliminary and basic technical review of developer project plans and calculations for conformance with District standards.
6. Input and maintain computerized data relating to permits, GIS, MMIS, TV inspection reports, projects, infrastructure inventory, and inspections.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required KSAs for Engineering Technician 2 would be:
Responsible experience which includes design, technical review or construction inspection of storm sewer, green infrastructure, low impact development or treatment plant facilities.
College-level coursework in green infrastructure, low impact development, civil environmental engineering, materials science, construction technology or a related field.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in any phase of the application process should contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or TDD 503.681.3601.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clean Water Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, uniformed service, sexual orientation or disability in the admission or access to the recruitment process or any aspect of employment.