**2 Permanent Full-Time Positions**
Geospatial Systems Specialist
The Pacific Northwest Region of the U.S. Forest Service will soon be announcing two permanent, full-time GS-0301-11 Geospatial Systems Specialist positions. These positions are located at hosted duty stations within Region 6. The incumbent will provide support, expertise and recommendations for the application of geospatial information systems technology in support of the R6 Forest Service mission.
For additional details on the position, please contact Katy Madrid: 541-426-5686 email@example.com
If you are interested in this position, please respond to the Outreach Database posting by close of business December 20, 2019.
Summary of the Position:
This position is part of a regional team supporting regional and forest projects with geospatial data creation, analysis and management, technical support, and map production. Geospatial System Specialists assist in managing/maintaining geospatial data and support customers in using GIS technology for their projects. Our GIS products and services include web maps, mobile GIS support, spatial analysis, publication maps, spatial data requests, geoprocessing tools and more. Other examples of duties associated with this position include:
• Serve as DRM work lead and liaison to the Forest unit regarding Program of Work.
• Work with managers and resource specialists to determine type, amount and level of geographical information required to develop and analyze ecosystem management alternatives.
• Provide the public and decision makers with information by utilizing the ArcGIS Platform (ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online, Collector, Survey123, etc) in a timely manner.
• Work with contractors, collaborators and other agencies to coordinate and share geospatial information for various resource and other projects.
• Utilize GIS technology and established GIS procedures to produce maps and graphics for various Forest resource programs, planning documents, and a variety of other requirements.
• Assist with the organization and maintenance of resource information and data to facilitate analysis across multiple disciplines including but not limited to recreation, silviculture, planning, engineering and fire.
• Manage and analyze geospatial data to support resource management decisions for multiple resource, jurisdictional, and ownership units over a large geographical region. Performs multi-scale and/or multi-resource analysis in support of planning, analysis, and monitoring activities.
• Work with Forest Data Stewards to manage corporate geospatial data according to regional, national and local specifications. Will also work with the forest and regional office to meet data calls and Congressional and Legislative requests as needed.
• Assist the organization with the building of web, mobile, and desktop apps that incorporate mapping, visualization, and analysis.