What: GIS ACADEMY 2009
Who: King County, WA
Where: Seattle, WA
When: October 5-9
YOU HAVE THE TOOLS: You've worked with ArcGIS and you have access to good data, but now you need to really deliver...It's time to refine your techniques: Spend a week with skilled King County GIS Center practitioners and learn how to get the most out of your GIS software and data. Our instructors will share their knowledge and help build your skills in a small-class-size, hands-on environment. GIS ACADEMY is not just a collection of classes, but an integrated work-problem-based curriculum designed to help you develop your ability while you apply your skills to a week-long class project. By Friday, you will have gone well beyond the basics, with new confidence to tackle more challenging assignments with enhanced productivity.
GIS ACADEMY CLASSES (http://tinyurl.com/oqdsvt) GIS ACADEMY makes it easy to take advantage of KCGIS custom training by packaging these eight GIS Training Express classes in an intense week-long event:
* Staying Current with GIS: Beyond the Basics (half day)
* Essentials of SQL for Advanced GIS (half day)
* Unleash the Power of Business Tables: A Case Study with Assessor Data (half day)
* Topics in Advanced GIS Editing (1 day,)
* Effective Analysis: A Tour of GIS Tools (half day)
* Efficient Geoprocessing Using Model Builder (1 day)
* Document Your Data: Mastering Metadata (half day)
* Putting It All Together: A Project Workshop to Visualize Your Data (half day) In addition, on Friday afternoon the instructors will be staffing a drop-in clinic where Academy attendees will be able to receive one-on-one consultation and coaching.
COST: ONLY $995 FOR A FULL WEEK OF HAND-ON TRAINING!
Registration: Fill out our Registration form: http://tinyurl.com/r482ex MORE INFORMATION (www.kingcounty.gov/gis/training) To find out more, contact Cheryl Wilder, King County GIS Center Training Coordinator, via e-mail or by phone at 206-263-5220.