Provider Data Analyst (GIS Analyst)
Job Number 797375
For more information please contact:
National Provider Data Management (NPDM),
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
National Provider Data Management (NPDM) is a shared service established to support regional and national provider data management, reporting, analytics, system strategy, and compliance. NPDM’s focus is on improving provider data quality and developing a common business process and technological approach for addressing critical data needs. We are seeking a highly-motivated, analytically oriented individual to help develop and maintain geospatial analysis and reporting capabilities. We are looking for a curious collaborator who is interested in working within a health care environment with an emphasis on geospatial analytics and visualization.
The Data Analytic Consultant provides support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. These positions function both as a consultant and as a high-level data analyst. The position works with clients to develop the right set of questions/hypotheses, using the appropriate tools/skills to derive the best information to address customer needs.
• Provides consultation to clients, including organizational leadership and guides work towards actionable outcomes.
• Regularly measures the impact of business decisions on clients and customers.
• Evaluates effectiveness of actions/programs implemented & makes recommendations.
• Works with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis.
• Provides support to peers and mentoring to junior staff including: technical & programming assistance, project management and scoping, documentation review and support.
• Directs and executes creative analytic approaches that lead to actionable outcomes which further promote organizational goals.
• Proactively recognizes potential issues, develops plans to address and understands how to communicate these steps to department leadership and clients.
• Analyzes and develops complex logical database designs, data models, and relational data def in support of corporate and client area info systems requirements.
• Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable measurement and evaluation.
• Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using databases.
• Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
• Minimum five (5) years of work experience.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
• Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master/bachelor's degree in GIS, geography or computer science; urban planning, statistics or another discipline requiring substantial course work in GIS and quantitative analysis methods.
• Programming experience (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Python).
• High comfort level with technology, ability to learn new technology with relative ease.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Analytical and detail-oriented.
• Experience with Quest Analytics and/or ERIS ArcGIS applications/Geoprocessing for data management and geospatial analytics.
• Practical experience and/or coursework in GIS applications for population-based reporting and analysis.
• Experience with technical aspects of geospatial data management.
• Experience with open source GIS tools and data sources.
• Experience working with various databases.
• Knowledge of provider data and network adequacy analytics.
• Experience with an analytical toolset such as SAS, R, Python.
• Experience with other data visualization packages (e.g., Tableau)
• Ability to draft and revise documents including analyses, and reports.
Notes: Department: National Provider Data Management
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.