Health Data Analyst (GIS Analyst)
Kaiser Permanente’s GIS team is seeking a highly motivated, analytically oriented individual to help develop and maintain geospatial analysis and reporting capabilities to support clinical, utilization, and community benefit decisions at varying levels of geography. We are looking for a curious collaborator who is interested in working within a health care environment with an emphasis on geospatial analytics and visualization.
• Maintain updates for GIS data layers and analysis results in a self-service platform
• Prototype options for self-service reporting and visualization
• Update training materials to support understanding of geospatial capabilities within Kaiser Permanente
• Test geospatial offerings to verify usability and accuracy
• Support ad-hoc requests that require analysis of geospatial datasets such as census, transit, consumer behavior, and business locations to understand geographic variation in health outcomes and preventive care
• Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography or computer science; urban planning, statistics or another discipline requiring substantial course work in GIS and quantitative analysis methods.
• High comfort level with technology, ability to learn new technology with relative ease
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and detail-oriented
• Graduate degree in GIS, geography or computer science; urban planning, statistics or another discipline requiring substantial course work in GIS and quantitative analysis methods.
• Programming experience with R and/or Python
• Knowledge of ArcGIS applications, including ArcGIS Server web APIs, ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS, and ModelBuilder/Geoprocessing for data management and geospatial analytics
• Practical experience and/or coursework in GIS applications for population-based reporting and analysis
• Experience with technical aspects of geospatial data management
• Experience with open source GIS tools and data sources
• Demonstrated cartographic skills
• Knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• Experience with an analytical toolset such as R, Python
• Experience with other data visualization packages (e.g., Tableau)
• Proven technical research, writing, and editing skills to generate project summaries, draft documents, conduct topic specific research
If you wish to be considered for this position, send a resume (perhaps including code repositories or a portfolio) and an example of your writing to Carlos Gonzalez (Carlos<dot>Gonzalez <at>kp.org).