Provider Data Analyst (GIS Analyst)
For more information please contact:
Ahmed Al-dulaimi, National Provider Data Management (NPDM), Kaiser Permanente, Ahmed.Al-Dulaimi@kp.org
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
National Provider Data Management (NPDM) is a shared service established to support regional and national provider data management, reporting, analytics, system strategy, and compliance. NPDM’s focus is on improving provider data quality and developing a common business process and technological approach for addressing critical data needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated, analytically oriented individual to help develop and maintain geospatial analysis and reporting capabilities. We are looking for a curious collaborator who is interested in working within a health care environment with an emphasis on geospatial analytics and visualization.
The Provider Data Analyst provides support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating,
tracking, internally managing and reporting data. These positions function both as a consultant and as a high-level data analyst. The position works with clients to develop the right set of questions/hypotheses, using the appropriate tools/skills to derive the best information to address customer needs.
• Master/bachelor's degree in GIS, geography or computer science; urban planning, statistics or another
discipline requiring substantial course work in GIS and quantitative analysis methods.
• Programming experience with R and/or Python strongly preferred.
• High comfort level with technology, ability to learn new technology with relative ease.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Analytical and detail oriented.
• Experience with ERIS ArcGIS applications/Geoprocessing for data management and geospatial analytics
(e.g. ArcGIS Pro, ArcPy, ModelBuilder, Network Analyst, ArcGIS Online, ArcMap).
• Practical experience and/or coursework in GIS applications for population-based reporting and analysis.
• Adept with transforming data into the Tidy Data format via scripted, reproducible workflows.
• Experience with technical aspects of geospatial data management.
• Experience with at least one version control system (e.g. Git, Subversion).
• Knowledge of SQL and experience working with various relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL
• Experience with open source GIS tools and data sources (e.g. R, Python, GDAL, PostGIS, QGIS).
• Knowledge of provider data and network adequacy analytics.
• Experience with an analytical toolset such as R and/or Python.
• Experience with interactive GIS visualization tools (e.g. ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, Leaflet)
• Ability to draft and revise documents including analyses, and reports.
1. Builds sophisticated interactive GIS dashboards and web applications and forecasting tools using databases.
2. Participates in script development for User Acceptance Testing, report generation and data extraction from
the department’s existing databases.
3. Accommodate project deadlines and readily adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
4. Directs and executes creative analytic approaches that lead to actionable outcomes which further promote
5. Provides consultation to clients, including organizational leadership and guides work towards actionable
6. Works with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis.
7. Provides support to peers including technical & programming assistance, and scoping, documentation and
8. Proactively recognizes potential issues, develops plans to address and understands how to communicate
these steps to department leadership and clients.
9. Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to
enable measurement and evaluation.
10. Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops processes and tools that
facilitate decision making.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Department: National Provider Data Management. Kaiser Permanente
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state
laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.