The City of Hillsboro is accepting resumes for a GIS & Asset Management Intern position. Under the
supervision of staff, this position will assist the Public Works GIS & Asset Management Section with
the collection, editing and analysis of utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data.
Salary: $14.88 - $18.81 Hourly
Location: 150 E Main Street Hillsboro OR 97123, OR
Closing: 5/2/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
General Description of Duties
• Field Global Position System (GPS) data collection
• GIS data editing and quality control analysis
• Generation of maps and reports using ArcGIS software and Microsoft Excel
• Use of Asset Management software Cartegraph OMS to analyze maintenance and asset
• Review of construction drawings for use in GIS data improvement
• Development of written technical procedure documentation for GIS processes
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an active learner who is able to quickly develop new technical skills and understand
• Possess professional verbal and written communication skills
• Have the ability to work independently in the field, in the office, or remotely from home
• Have experience using GIS software and knowledge of GIS concepts
• Undergraduate or graduate student studying Geography, Geology, Urban Planning,
Environmental Science, Computer Science or any program of study that uses Geographic
Information Systems (GIS) software.
• Proficiency in the basic functionality of GIS software. Esri ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• 18 years of age or older
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Must complete and pass criminal background check
How to Apply
Visit our career opportunities webpage to submit an application, cover letter, resume, and
responses to supplemental questions. Partial applications will not be considered.
Questions? Contact Omar Ucan, at Omar.Ucan@hillsboro-oregon.gov
or at 503-681-6222
Leave a Reply.