Register now for the upcoming GIS in Action conference March 29 & 30, 2011.
Please mark your calendars for the NINETEENTH Annual GIS In Action Conference, hosted by the Columbia River Region of the American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) and the Oregon-Southwest Washington Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA). Each year ASPRS and URISA collaborate to hold this informational conference on current issues in the Geospatial Information Community. Join us for what will surely be another successful opportunity to meet with colleagues in the geospatial industries and organizations, to learn about emerging topics and recent advances in GIS applications, and to discuss our problems and solutions together. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to meet and network with GIS professionals from the region. Find out who is doing what, and how.
Preliminary Conference Program available
Conference program has been updated. Please visit the GIS In Action Website for more information. To download the preliminary program, click here.
Portland State University will graciously host this year’s conference for the second consecutive year! The raving positive feedback from the 2010 conference survey has led us to use the PSU facility once again. Holding the conference at Portland State creates exciting opportunities to include PSU students from other departments, members of the open source community and engineering, surveying and natural resources professionals who are all an important part of the GIS community.
Call for posters!
Submit your entries for the poster session at the conference. Open categories for posters are:
- Technically advanced applications
- Collaborative GIS
- GIS for 'real-world' problem solving
- Innovative application of GIS
Information for poster submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be at least three tracks each day consisting of panel discussions debating hot-topics, traditional sessions with two-to-three presentations per session, and technical workshops providing in-depth discussion of issues and training in applications most relevant to the geospatial community.
Guest speakers will present on both days.
On Tuesday morning, JIM GERINGER (Former Governor of Wyoming) will speak. Wednesday guest speaker is yet to be announced.
- The Exhibit Hall will open on Tuesday at 8:00AM and remain open until Wednesday at 2:00PM. The hall will feature as many as 20 vendors in GIS related technology and services. This is an opportunity to see and discuss the latest advances in the industry.
- The Vendor Social will be held on Tuesday evening from 5:00PM to 7:00PM in the Exhibit Hall. Join your peers in a more relaxed atmosphere with food and beverages. Entertainment to be yet announced.
- The Poster Session will be held during the Vender Social. Ballots for the People’s Choice are included in your registration packet. Please take it to the Exhibit Hall and vote.