UAGIST INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER II
FULL-TIME STAFF POSTION
Rate of Pay: $45,000 - $50,000
Apply here: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/6264?c=arizona
The School of Geography, Development and Environment (https://geography.arizona.edu/) is seeking a full-time Instructional Designer II with geospatial skills that will be responsible for administrative tasks related to the Geographic Information Systems Technology programs (https://gis.arizona.edu/), as well as other school needs and help coordinate and design educational activities, labs, and projects related to the BS-GIST and MS-GIST Program. This position requires presence on UA's main campus in Tucson.
The University of Arizona is a land-grant institution and Carnegie Foundation Research University located in Tucson, Arizona, and ranking 19th among all public universities. The University of Arizona is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), were we value our inclusive community. We translate our values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with diverse perspectives and experiences, we encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Facilitates learning through instructional design, curriculum implementation, and learning assessment reporting. instructional design technology support for live and online digital environments.
* Create materials for the GIST programs to support and evaluate academic and program objectives, as well as course design and delivery for classes and program-wide digital learning communities.
* Support course design and teaching through the implementation of co-convened materials for main campus (synchronous delivery) and for Arizona Online campus (asynchronous delivery).
* Provide outreach support to recruit new students, participate and engage with the local GIS professional community, and support extra-curricular event creation and management.
* Service on committees related to the UA, School of Geography, Development and Environment, and liaison with GIS industry.
* Administrative tasks for the GIST programs focused on instructional design and implementation of students' success and retention information systems and online program materials. Oversight of information systems ensures that administrative duties and functions related to students are done in coordination with the ongoing maintenance and design of program principles, learning management systems, social media, UAccess, and program web pages. Some administrative task related to instructional design and implementation include:
* Instructional support during main campus graduate courses;
* Technical instructional support for students, faculty and staff;
* Tracking student success and writing stories for distribution on the web and social media;
* Manage and support UAGIST Podcast, Master's Project submission portal, and GIST technical support Ticket Hub.
* Work with faculty, staff, and students on reporting and policy curricular issues.
* Instructional management system oversight of student success, retention, and placement as part of an annual program assessments and long term curricular planning and design.