The objective of the Strong Hubs for Afghan Hope and Resilience (SHAHAR) Program is to create well-governed, fiscally sustainable Afghan municipalities capable of meeting the needs of a growing urban population. Targeted support to 20 provincial municipalities across Afghanistan, as well as the General Directorate of Municipal Affairs (GDMA) and Municipal Advisory Boards (MABs), will lead to improved municipal financial management, urban service delivery, and citizen consultation.
The internship program is to train and learn the new graduated/last year students from universities and specially on GIS filed, will train the interns theoretically and practically on the GIS workability and utilizing at the job field such urban planning, municipal addressing, and etc. and then the interns will use the learned knowledge and skills in their future career.
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Learn the Q-GIS basics and then assist on digitization of the satellite imageries of the SHAHAR municipalities.
• Assist in liaising with SHAHAR municipalities embedded team to obtain the needed data related to urban planning and municipal addressing.
• Convert picture and other maps formats into geo-referenced GIS maps for urban planning.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by her/his direct supervisor.
Education: minimum BSc degree from engineering or graduated student from a GIS training course from an accredited training/educational institution
• The position reports to GIS Sr Manager
• This position will be based in the Kabul
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter along with Filled Pre-Employment Internship Questionnaire from the below link: http://www.acbar.org/upload/1486889721531.docx to the below email address.
Include GIS Intern - Kabul in the subject line of the application.
Application without subject line will not be considered.