To view the full job posting for any opening at Clean Water Services, click here:
Click on a job title to view the complete job posting of any position listed. After you have reviewed the job posting, you can apply for the position by clicking on the "Apply" button and completing the online application.
Job Title: GIS Intern
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 01/07/19 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $18.29 - $25.14 Hourly
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Administrative Building Complex, 2550 SW Hillsboro Highway, Hillsboro, Oregon
The Watershed Management Department is seeking a temporary GIS Intern. Within the Watershed Management Department, this position is an excellent opportunity for a current or recently graduated student to develop GIS experience working for a nationally-recognized stream restoration program in the public sector. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, ecologically-minded person with a strong desire to learn new skills in GIS and data management.
Additional Internship Information: Temporary position, up to 6 months
1. Create, maintain and support data requests and GIS mapping needs.
2. Assist with GIS analysis of watershed issues.
3. Provide support to field work and GNSS mobile data collection, including data management using ArcPad, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, and ESRI Collector.
4. Work with staff to define standards, definitions, metadata, and update and refine existing data.
5. Provide technical research, writing, and editing skills to generate project summaries, draft documents, and conduct topic specific research.
Advanced knowledge of GIS applications, analysis and mapping
Experience with technical aspects of spatial data management
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management systems; experience with Microsoft SharePoint is desirable
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in GIS, Environmental Science, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Ecology, or other natural science;
1 year experience (coursework and internships are acceptable) with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x preferred.
Leave a Reply.