GIS Project Manager | Sanborn Map Company | Lakewood, CO
and MORE JOBS at http://www.sanborn.com/careers/
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill an onsite GIS Project Manager position in Lakewood, CO. Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a GIS Project Manager who can be responsible for the overall execution of a government Geospatial Sprint Initiative. The sprint has multiple components including organizing, directing, and coordinating planning and production of the data development of national layers available for publication to the general public as well as internal use for analysis, assessment and reporting for landscape-level projects such as Sage Grouse. This includes applying quality control and assurance measures, and IT/technology performance testing to compile data to complete a national data layer. The Project Manager will be responsible to direct, manage and quality control/check the work of 13 mid-level GIS analysts who will be located within specific state offices throughout the western United States. This work will be accomplished from the Lakewood office.
The PM will be responsible for the overall execution of the project in addition to the following:
* Shall communicate significant issues with project sponsor and provide reports and briefings to BLM leads.
* Actively apply quality control and assurance measures to the management and performance of the project.
* Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and production of all task/delivery order support activities.
* Direct the generation, performance and review of task/delivery order deliverable items.
* Manage task/delivery order costs and ensure conformity with contract terms and conditions.
* Assign, schedule, and review the work of subordinates.
* Coordinate with appropriate management personnel, other contractor managers, and agency representatives.
* Take appropriate action and coordinate policies and activities with appropriate personnel as required.
* Provide demonstrations and briefings for state staff on progress and results, and with agency staff for all aspects of the work.
* Perform project management activities to ensure all remote staff are coordinated with the broad goals of the project.
* Prepare and submit weekly status/progress in the format provided.
* The agency may call upon the PM to support the various documentation activities that go along with developing data standards and business requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related field (geography, science, engineering, business or another related field, or equivalent)
• Five (5) years of experience or equivalent. 4 years in GIS Project Management and a demonstrated ability in IT/GIS Project Management.
• PMP and / or GISP Preferred