Waterborne Environmental, Inc. has an opening for a GIS Specialist with a degree in GIS/Geography and an interest in environmental, agricultural, or natural resource issues to join our geospatial information team. Ideally, the candidate has used GIS as a tool in an applied environment to solve real-world problems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply GIS in analyzing hydrologic and chemical transport processes; to solve practical problems related to agriculture, water quality, and environmental issues; and to provide technical expertise for the entire company. We are a progressive company of bright motivated scientists and engineers looking for valuable additions to our team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in GIS, Geography, Geoinformation Science, or equivalent
• Job or classroom experience with ability to independently synthesize complex data into information for presentation
• Strong problem solving ability and refined technical/organizational skills
• Effectively communicate technical processes in written and verbal form
• Fluency with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of software
• Proficiency with relational databases (e.g. MS Access, MS SQL Server)
• Familiarity with scripting or programming applications using VB.NET, Python, or Java
• Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies / skills with minimum oversight
• Interest and/or experience in modeling the spatial aspects of environmental, agricultural or natural resource related problems
Waterborne headquarters are located in Leesburg, Virginia and offers a comprehensive suite of services to the crop protection industry and regulatory agencies. We are a small business with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Waterborne is a dedicated and highly skilled group, two thirds of whom have advanced degrees in engineering, geology, soils, environmental science, and computer science. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, & life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment. This position will be located in Leesburg, VA.
Send your resume and a cover letter addressing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above and salary requirements. Please note that only hardcopy resumes or electronic resumes in PDF, or MS Word format will be considered.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Waterborne Environmental, Inc.
897 B Harrison St, SE
Leesburg, VA, 20175
Fax: (703) 777-0767