GIS Specialist - TrainerRead Now
ELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers. ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives.
ELYON is currently seeking a polished and experienced GIS Training Specialist. The position willvbe based out of the Portland Vancouver area and will require travel during the spring and summer months. This is a part-time position to start (20 hours per week). ELYON is only accepting local candidates for this position.
• Assist the Mobile GIS lead to research user requirements, and document and test the suite of Mobile GIS/GIS software tools, using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and Trimble COTS desktop software as well as ESRI ArcPad10 and emerging mobile software on multiple operating systems.
• Research and write curriculum and train nationally on mobile GIS systems as a live instructor, through internet courses or through self-study courses.
• Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing;
• Working with field users to document system requirements
• Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, results and user guides
• Working as a facilitator with a regional or national team to refine system
• Writing curriculum, installation guides and Computer Systems Operation guides
• Teaching courses through the Internet, through self-study recorded sessions and live instruction with small groups of up to 24 persons.
• Setting up classrooms and pilot equipment with network access, loading software, loading training data and preparing hardware.
• Evaluating the system and serve the business to ensure functional use of the system for field going staff.
• Acting as technical support liaison for users.
• Assisting to create GIS products for use on mobile devices (i.e. topographic maps, aerial photos, geodatabases, export files)
• Assisting to track licenses and order new hardware and software through the purchasing and asset procedures.
• Facilitating and Preparing for team meetings with presentations, scheduling and documenting minutes.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Specific skills in mobile GIS using ESRI ArcPad software
• Skills and experience in using Trimble GPS Hardware for field data collection
• Excellent writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides and configuration management documents.
• 3-5 years experience with ESRI ArcGIS version 10.x suite of software
• Certified trainer with documented experience in a classroom setting
Qualified and interested candidates can send their resume to
Joshua.sisco at elyoninternational.com
Leave a Reply.