ODFW’s Natural Resources Information Management Program is recruiting for a temporary GIS Technician position (approximately January 17 – May 31, 2022). Please see the following link for additional details:
REQ-84152 Information Systems Specialist 4 (NRIMP GIS Technician) - Temporary
This recruitment will remain open until filled with the first review of applications beginning at 8AM on January 10, 2022.
What you will do:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
• Requires extended, daily use of a computer to type, analyze, and summarize data in an office environment. Occasional overnight travel. Occasional long hours and situations involving tight deadlines, meetings, interagency negotiations, and problem resolution.
• This person must be able to work effectively with different personalities and management styles, be very detail oriented, flexible, open to suggestion, and have a service-oriented attitude. The employee must be able to work independently and be an effective communicator; both written and orally. The employee must also be proficient in the use of personal computers and software. The employee must also represent the Department in a professional manner when dealing with members of other agencies and the public.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that varies in the number of hours worked on a daily basis, but not necessarily each day, or a work schedule in which the starting and stopping times vary on a daily basis, but not necessarily each day. This includes working at all hours and workdays in excess of eight hours. Work exceeding 40 hours per week requires supervisor approval.
Criminal Records/DMV Check
Applicants are subject to both a criminal history and motor vehicles check. Out-of-state finalists will be required to present a current certified driving record for review to be considered for the position. Be prepared to obtain as soon as possible. You are expected to provide the out-of-state certified driving record before an offer can be made unless extenuating circumstances exist. Adverse background information may disqualify you from further consideration.
NOTE: Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. ODFW participates in E-Verify. ODFW is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
We are seeking applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and have the following skills and experience:
• Three (3) years of information systems experience in geographic information systems (GIS), OR
• Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, GIS, or related field, or completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND one (1) year of information systems experience in geographic information systems (GIS).
• Experience and proficiency with ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Desktop
• Knowledge of USGS Hydrography Event Management Tools
• Developing maps for publication
• Writing scripts to automate data layer processing
• Knowledge of enterprise geodatabases, raster and vector datatypes, and Linear Referencing Data Models
• Strong oral and written communication skills.