This is a non-supervisory skilled technical Geographic Information System (GIS) position that maintains land information and produces land information products through ArcGIS software for government and public use.
Essential Functions Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate in the continuous development of the department’s geographic information system including: Design, create, and maintain geodatabases, maps, data files, and documentation using ArcGIS software.
• May input and update tax lots, soils, land use, streams, roads, topography, zoning, comprehensive plan, survey control points; using the GIS under the direction of the GIS Committee and GIS Coordinator/Analyst.
• Produces custom maps of land information to meet specific public and county GIS user needs.
• Tabulate statistics, frequencies and data summaries.
• Position is responsible for providing technical support to departmental users.
• Coordinate with county GIS Coordinator/Analyst.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follow all safety rules and procedures established for work area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Natural Resources, Computer Science, Planning, Environment Science, or a related field.
• Minimum of one year of GIS work experience.
• Knowledge of basic cartographic principals and sources of mapping materials; principals of Geographic Information System including entry/updates, analysis, and map production.
• A working knowledge of Windows; relational databases (SQL Server preferred).
• Able to resolve and troubleshoot GIS-related problems.
• Must have and maintain current driving privileges in the state of Oregon.