DUDEK, one of California’s leading mid-sized environmental and engineering consulting firms, is growing. We have offices throughout California and offer competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits. Currently, we are seeking the right person to fill the role of GIS Technician.
Location: Auburn/Sacramento Area
Category: Environmental Services
We are seeking a full-time entry to mid-level GIS Technician to join our team.
- Creating final map products using ArcGIS for various reports, meetings and exhibits;
- Creation, maintenance and QA/QC of geographic data sets using ArcGIS.
- Integrating CAD and GPS data with ArcGIS.
- Conducting heads-up digitizing of geographic features.
- Delivering data sets & metadata to clients, jurisdictions and end-users.
Education and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in geography, planning, ecology or related field with an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate); applicable work experience/internships preferred.
- Demonstrated competence using ESRI’s ArcGIS software applications and extensions.
- Demonstrated cartographic ability, including design principles and understanding of map creation procedures and standards.
- Demonstrated capability integrating CAD and GPS data into ArcGIS.
- Experience working with end-users to determine GIS needs.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate biological, cultural and other environmental resources information from a variety of sources and present the information in map, tabular, chart, written and oral formats.
- Ability to interpret technical planning drawings.
- Knowledge or interest in biological resources and planning.
Apply on line at www.dudek.com, or e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, referencing the position title in your response. You may also fax: Human Resources at (760) 632-0164; or Mail: Dudek, Attn: Human Resources, 605 3rd Street, Encinitas, CA 92024. No phone calls please.
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.