NATURE OF POSITION
Assist in maintaining the Geographic Information System (GIS) and support the GIS operations for the City; supply related GIS information to internal and external customers.
General direction and oversight is provided by the GIS Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Employees of the City of Walla Walla are expected to model and foster the City’s core values:
Customer Focus - Excellence - Stewardship - Communication - Leadership - Integrity
2. Research and prepare, digitize, and input information into the GIS and CAD systems.
3. Create and maintain GIS utilities information by gathering data from as-builts, record drawings, field inspections, Engineering staff and other sources.
4. Assist the GIS Supervisor with coordination and promoting use of GIS systems and products among field and office personnel throughout City departments.
5. Improve and document processes to assist in the development and support of GIS.
6. Utilize system computers, software, and programming skills to support and maintain the GIS, CAD, and network systems; respond to requests for computer support from other Divisions.
7. Create reports, maps and other products for agency departments using GIS and CAD system technology; provide information and support for GIS users.
8. Respond to and assemble sewer, storm, water, planning services, and related GIS information requests from the public, contractors, and other agencies; assemble, evaluate, and interpret information to assure compliance to the customer requests.
9. Ability to read and accurately document and digitize (COGO) legal descriptions.
10. Audit and maintain standards for various databases associated with GIS. Ensure that GIS data created is in sync with the City’s enterprise geodatabase versions and other enterprise systems.
11. Ability to manage and accurately report on multiple projects.
12. Utilize GIS analysis tools to support City utility asset management, data relationships and find innovative ways to use GIS to create efficiencies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Demonstrate punctual, regular, and reliable attendance which is essential for successful job
2. Present a positive, professional image; maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; assure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
3. Execute assignments, projects and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes; work independently and effectively with little direction.
4. Demonstrate good judgment and employ critical thinking to execute duties, identify issues, seek
solutions, and recommend improvements in support of departmental goals.
5. Provide assistance to staff and higher-level management; participate in resolving operational or
interpersonal concerns; participate in training, meetings, and on committees as assigned.