ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010 Google Travel Grants for Female Students
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to support women in computing, we are pleased to announce the 2010 ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS Google Female Student Grants to encourage more female computer science students to attend and participate in the ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010 Conference, November 2-5 2010, San Jose, California, USA. The winners will receive 00 USD towards conference travel-related costs. We invite all female computer science PhD students to apply.
* The recipients must be female students enrolled and pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field related to conference subjects.
* Priority will be given to students authors with accepted papers at ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010.
* The recipients must register and attend the full conference.
* The funding will be used for student travel-related support only.
Laura Toma (chair)
To apply, send an email by Friday September 17 to email@example.com with subject heading 'Google ACMGIS 2010 travel grant' and containing a single pdf document with:
* your CV (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number).
* 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend the conference and why attending it is important to your research, work, and/or future career.
Application Submission: Friday, September 17th, 2010
Decisions/Notifications: Friday, October 1st, 2010
Acceptance by the recipient: Friday, October 8th, 2010 (conference registration must be completed)
The winners will be notified by email and their names will be published on the conference webpage. The payment will come directly from Google.