GIS Analyst (ID# 49357)
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 0-3
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Be involved in projects with our Visualization and Data Intelligence Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Junior GIS Analyst for our Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; Virginia Beach, VA offices. This position will be responsible for creating and delivering geospatial solutions, as part of a dynamic results-oriented team, in response to our clients’ requirements. Our successful candidates will have experience working with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Online applications, enterprise-level databases, and mobile applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fulfill geospatial analyses, mapping and online application requests for internal and external clients
• Demonstrate and apply an understanding/knowledgebase of geospatial topics and best practices including projections, data management and version control, spatial analysis techniques, linear referencing, editing features, field data collection techniques, and 3D GIS tools
• Learn and apply new skills and tools during the life cycle of a project
• Create, edit, and manage vector and raster data, and collect data from online clearinghouses
• Populate geospatial metadata per Federal Geospatial Data Committee (FGDC guidelines)
• Work with other GIS Analysts within WSP’s Geospatial Group to perform tasks such as: collecting project requirements, determine clients' needs, communicate solutions, design workflows and data management techniques to increase efficiencies, and maintain the quality of deliverables
WSP will consider the first 100 applicants. If qualified candidates cannot be identified, the next set of 100 applicants received will be up for consideration.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor's degree in geography, environmental sciences, planning, or other related field with exposure to GIS applications
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in GIS using Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Online applications and related extensions including Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, and Geostatistical Analyst
• Excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
• Be a team player with ability to work within tight deadlines for multiple projects
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• Must be able to pass background/criminal screening
• Experience working with ESRI tools including Advanced Editing, Geocoding, Georeferencing, Raster Calculators, Topology, Labeling, and Data Driven Pages
• Experience with Esri mobile applications (Collector, Field Maps, Survey123) for GPS data collection
Working knowledge, or willingness to learn Esri products such as ArcGIS Urban, StoryMaps, and Experience Builder
• A working knowledge of Enterprise-Level Databases and applications (ArcGIS Enterprise), ArcGIS Online, and database connections and how they can be used in desktop and mobile mapping environments
• Experience working with data in both Microsoft Excel and Access
• Working knowledge, or willingness to learn, Python scripting environment to automate tasks and workflows
• Cartographic skills that depict a clear understanding of map composition and symbology principles with the ability to produce maps for reports, meetings, posters, web mapping etc.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Leave a Reply.