Remote Sensing (GIS) Technician job opportunity with Quantum Spatial in downtown Portland- here is all of information that I have: 6-8 openings altogether…
It is very important that all candidates understand and can flow with the points outlined below by the Hiring Manager.
1) Short term assignment – could be only 8-9 weeks (although this very well could be longer)- through the end of the year, as long as work lasts, which they think it will, which is why they need to hire 6-8 more technicians, but, because it’s a contract job, there is never an absolute guarantee, so I like to tell it how it is. The possibility for continuing on with this company may very well extend well into 2016, but this is determined by both you and the company- long term employment depending on skills and attitude and the company’s business needs is this company’s goal, but they understand if some people are going to just come in, work the short term contact, and then move on to greater and bigger things.
2) Need to be flexible as far as the shift schedules they’re mapping out for these 6-8 GIS Technicians – they may plug people in to the two shift mode/ schedule, scheduling folks for either 6 am - 2:30 pm, or 2:30 pm - 11pm, due to space and equipment constraints. Candidates should be flexible.
3) Availability to Start- these 6-8 Remote Sensing ArcGIS Technicians need to be able to start quickly. 2 weeks might be ok, but, ideally, they’d like to hire everyone this week or next and have them all dialed in and up to speed by the the end of November.
4) Work location & parking situation: this position would be based downtown – meaning, no paid parking is provided by the company. Parking is available for $13/day, and that would have to be paid by you if you wanted to drive to work everyday. The company encourages everyone to utilize public transportation if at all possible (convenient to the MAX and bus lines,) or biking. This company is totally bike friendly with bike lockers and showers and people walking around in their biking shoes- very casual environment, nice work culture, very chill and modern. The company has actually won a pretty significant “best commuting award” the last 2 years running
· Pay rate – recent college grads with little or no professional experience would probably expect to be offered a Pay Rate range of about $17-18/hr for these openings. The hourly pay rate does stretch up all the way to $22/hr depending on work experience and qualifications, so let me know- we can talk to figure out what you’re going to need to make in this role to make it work for you, ultimately, but…this is my recommendation for people who can’t say, “look here on my resume- this is when I was paid to do this kind of ArcGIS work”----- go in flexible, and their baseline hourly wage is $17/18 per hour on average.
If you are available and interested in pursuing this job, this is what I would need back from you in order to present you for candidacy. Please be sure to speak to ArcGIS, which is the only real “Must Have” for this position, (along with having a Bachelor’s degree- they will not hire someone who has not graduated with a 4 year degree).
Below is the job description but this is really a wish list. The "must haves" include:
A successful candidate will have a 4-year degree in natural sciences, geography, engineering, surveying, or a related field. Candidates must possess an interest in remote sensing and geodetics, and understand the nature of quantitative data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities for this position include processing and analysis of a variety of spatial data products (including LiDAR data, Orthophotos, and Video) and general analysis support. The position requires the ability to maintain productivity while performing repetitive tasks and working to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Applicants with GIS coursework or applicable work experience are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for individuals with the ability to be successful working independently, as well as in a team setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent decision making and problem solving abilities, computer proficient, and has an interest in GIS and remote sensing. An understanding of geospatial concepts and GPS survey methods is desired, but not mandatory.
Though not required, experience in the following areas is greatly desired:
If interested in one of these positions, contact:
Senior Technical Recruiter, Portland, OR
Adecco Engineering & Technology/Medical & Science
121 SW Morrison Street, Ste# 110
Portland, OR 97204