Research Experience for Undergraduates: Computational Modeling Serving the CityRead Now
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site: Computational Modeling Serving the City
Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
Jun 17 – Aug 23, 2019
"Interested in computational modeling and thinking?"
“Interested in solving real-world problems?"
"Interested to work with a community partner?"
The focus area of this REU site is computational modeling to serve and enhance the Portland metropolitan region as it grows and evolves. You will be involved in a cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research project and trained in computational thinking across different disciplines and communities. You will learn the fundamental skills of computational modeling that will help you understand and solve complex problems in a complex world. After a 2-week initial training, each student will work on an 8-week research project completed in a research lab under a mentor’s guidance and with the involvement of a community partner. At the end of the internship, you will present the research outcomes to the community partner. Weekly site meetings, seminars, site visits, and a final symposium will enrich the unique internship and provide you with an intellectual toolbox that has the potential to have a lasting impact on your career.
- Completed one or two years of college.
- Majoring in a STEM or related discipline.
- US citizens or permanent resident.
- Students from institutions with limited STEM and research opportunities, such as 2-year community colleges, are encouraged to apply.
- Mar 1, 2019: Application deadline for full consideration
- Mar 29, 2019: Selected students will be notified
- Jun 17 - Aug 23, 2019: Program dates (10 weeks)
- $5,000 stipend
- $1,200 meal allowance
- Additional travel subsidy for limited non-local students
- Free on-campus housing
APPLICATION and MORE INFO
Leave a Reply.