Job title: Spatial Analyst (temporary)
Pay Rate: $20/hr
Specific Hours: Variable
Hours/week: Variable (up to 40)
Begin Date: ASAP
We seek a person with strong spatial analysis and study design skills to assist in research that aims to integrate social and ecological data to better understand and manage human-wildlife conflict in the Denver Metropolitan Area of Colorado. A primary responsibility will be to work with ecologists and social scientists to integrate a spatial database consisting of human-coyote conflict incident reports with the design of a human dimensions survey.
1) Review, organize and continue to assemble a multi-dimensional spatial database of human-coyote conflict in the Denver Metro Area.
2) Develop a spatially-explicit sampling design for the administration of a household survey on human-coyote conflict issues.
3) Integrate results of household survey into master spatial database including conflict incident reports and ecological/landscape variables; perform integrated spatial analysis and modeling exercises.
4) Develop spatial layouts to present study findings and contribute to reporting and manuscript preparation.
1) expertise with ArcGIS 10.0 and experience with
development of spatial maps;
2)proficiency with statistical analyses using R, SAS, and/or SPSS; 3) advanced proficiency with spatial analysis and modeling; 4)excellent written communication skills.
How to apply: Email a cover letter detailing qualifications and a CV/resume
Contact 1: Tara Teel, Ph.D.
Phone: (970) 491-7729
Fax: (970) 491-2255
Employer: Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources, Colorado State University, Tara Teel
City: Fort Collins
Web Address: http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/welcome-to-hdnr/
Leave a Reply.