Sr. GIS Administrative Assistant - Portland, OR - #109014
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion
Provides a variety of administrative and staff support functions for the GIS Production group. Compile and analyze data, prepare reports/recommendations for action by supervisor. Administers or coordinates programs, projects, and/or processes.
Coordinate GIS Production workflow:
o Track rejected jobs and coordinate with field operations and GIS Production personnel on data issues
o Use RCMS/Maximo (work order management system) to check on work orders, service requests, and/or existence of field facilities
o Check and receive department mail and email for incoming jobs
o Review and verify all as-built construction jobs to ensure job packets are properly completed and all materials have been provided, reject if needed
o Follow up with district office on rejected and past due as-built construction jobs
o Coordinate and monitor the GIS production work corrections inbox for incoming digital job packets and map corrections
o Assign work number to each work correction or facility point inspection received
o Sort and log mapping jobs into database
o Prepare, maintain and attach right-of-way permits to jobs received
o File emailed mapping jobs in digital folders for mappers to access and work on.
Responsible for records management of department files:
o Sort and file paper mapping jobs into department central filing system
o Prepare database of paper jobs to be archived
o Coordinate with records management to ensure all records management policies/procedures are followed
o Request paper job retrieval from long-term storage as needed
o Retrieve paper jobs from files as requested by management, then re-file
o Manage daily archival of mapping jobs received via GIS production work corrections inbox
o After mapping is completed, send right-of-way permits to Right of Way department
• Respond to inquiries by field operations and other internal customers
• Utilize mapping systems to track down missing location information in map corrections.
• Assist supervisor with legal discovery requests, investigations and audits
• Perform monthly productivity metrics reporting
• Perform some basic associate level GIS specialist mapping maintenance tasks in ArcFM.
• Perform proxy responsibilities for Expense Reconciliations.
• Send reminders and provide support for bi-weekly time entry.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical assistant or a similar role.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve internal and external customer issues.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), databases, and file management.
• Proficient with Adobe Acrobat
• Proficient with Excel, Pivot Tables, Charts
• Utility as-built document and mapping experience
• Ability to apply judgment in determining the criticality of a request and forward to resources as appropriate.
• Ability to work well under time constraints and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Experience working in a changing, fast-paced, professional environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive projects.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to pack and lift “banker boxes” for document archival