Join the successful and rapidly growing ERM team – the largest dedicated team of EH&S professionals in the world. We are looking for committed and energetic professionals to help the worlds’ most dynamic and innovative companies in the tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors tackle some of their most important environment, health, and safety challenges.
ERM is seeking a Staff GIS and Data Operations Consultant I to join our Portland, OR office. The entry-level Consultant will join an existing team of professionals to leverage environmental data management and geospatial technologies in support of our core services. These include impact assessment, environmental planning and permitting, energy infrastructure studies, health and safety, and site investigation and remediation related services.
· Work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure GIS and data deliverables meet or exceed our clients’ needs.
· Plan, design, implement, and maintain large, complex, multiyear GIS and data management projects.
· Organize and manage project data, analysis, and mapping following company protocols and industry best practices.
· Prioritize, organize, perform, and direct numerous work assignments in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
· Author and edit geoprocessing scripts and tools with python and model-builder.
· Generate custom maps and analysis for numerous clients covering a variety of projects.
· Publish and maintain ArcGIS web-based map services and applications, and integration with existing environmental database systems and tools.
· Expand digital capabilities by exploring new technologies and software, plus ways to improve existing methods, tools, and workflows.
· Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or comparable field.
· Experience using Esri’s ArcGIS 10x and ArcGIS Pro suite of software.
· Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and customized web apps utilizing ArcGIS Server.
· Experience with environmental geochemical data and lab procedures.
· Experience with relational databases and database design or management.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, and an eye for professional presentation and aesthetics in project deliverables (maps, charts, graphs, tables, and other visualizations).
· Previous experience working effectively with others in a team environment to deliver quality projects on time and within budgets.
· Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Advanced degrees or certifications in GIS and/or database design.
· Knowledge of SQL and databases, including earthsoft’s EQuIS data management system.
· Advanced experience with data management including organizing and maintaining complex projects containing geospatial and tabular data, mxds, custom tools and toolboxes, analysis output, maps, and SQL enterprise geodatabases.
· Experience using ArcGIS Pro in a production setting, creating Python geoprocessing tools for ArcPro, and designing queries in Arcade.
· Experience building, deploying, and supporting Esri mobile applications such as Collector, Survey123, Field Maps, and Dashboard.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.