What: Part-time, temporary GIS Analyst
Who: Tetra Tech
Salary: $16/hr and 24hr/week
Tetra Tech EC, Inc., a leading environmental consulting firm, is seeking a qualified GIS Analyst for a part-time, temporary position; with the potential for permanent employment. Candidate will work as part of the GIS team in Portland, Oregon supporting staff biologists, engineers, and permitting specialists working on multiple projects across the United States. Candidate must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, able to work under direct supervision, and also capable of solving unanticipated problems on-the-fly without direct supervisor direction.
- Conduct spatial analysis primarily in support of wind and solar development but also including transmission and pipelines
- Maintain office GIS architecture
- Update and enhance metadata on current and past projects
- Create high quality maps for print and web display
- Refine and update map templates as necessary
- Data processing with GIS and database programs
- GPS maintenance: loading and unloading Trimble units, creating data dictionaries, and differentially correcting data
- Process disparate datasets to a common spatial reference and data standard
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in GIS.
- Core knowledge of geographic concepts including: datums and projections, data interoperability, cartography, and GIS
- Fluency in English
- Intermediate knowledge of ArcGIS
- Working knowledge of MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Master’s Degree in Geography or related field
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS including TerraSync and Pathfinder Office
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Field experience with Trimble GPS
Part-time, no less than 24 hours per week. Potential for full time employment. No benefits. $16.00 per hour.
Tetra Tech EC is an equal opportunity employer.
Robert G. Friedel
GIS Coordinator / Project Manager
Tetra Tech EC, Inc.
1750 SW Harbor Way, Suite 400
Portland, OR 97201