Urban Planning Associate
Position Available Immediately
The Position: Cascadia Partners seeks an associate-level team member who is a detail-oriented thinker with relevant experience or training in urban planning, real estate development, housing policy or related fields.
Our Work: Cascadia Partners is a fast-growing, diverse, and multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Portland, OR, with staff also located in Bend and Newport, Oregon. We work on 20-30 projects across the country annually, ranging from large-scale master plans, mission-driven public-private developments, housing policy and zoning analysis, and scenario planning. We have a focus on actionable plans that get built and solutions rooted in equitable community engagement.
Our Values: We value diversity, equity, and inclusion on our team and in our work. We value intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning and offer professional development stipends and frequent internal skill building courses. We value a healthy life-work balance and offer every other Friday off and 4-weeks starting paid vacation with annual increases to 8 weeks.
The Ideal Candidate
● Has a minimum of 1-3 years experience in the fields of planning, economics, design, environmental policy,
and/or a master’s degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate Development, Public Policy, Economics or related fields.
● Enjoys consulting work and appreciates the variety and flexibility that comes with consulting on complex
projects in different communities and contexts.
● Demonstrates leadership in working with respect, dignity, and empathy in diverse, multicultural settings.
● Centers relationship-building and collaboration in their work, seeking to engage authentically with their teams,
clients, and stakeholders and understand their interests, values, and backgrounds.
● Desires to understand, analyze, and bring innovation to housing policy and zoning code work, with an emphasis
on equity and inclusion
● Is interested in real estate development and has a willingness to learn pro-forma analysis, with an emphasis on
public-private partnerships, affordable housing, and mission-driven projects.
● Demonstrates willingness both to receive and give growth-minded feedback and to receive and respond to
coaching from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) leaders.
● Is excited to engage in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) work, including personal reflection such as:
o Examination of one's own racial/ethnic biases/prejudices that may impact one's work
o Acknowledgment of one's racial or cultural "blind spots" and doing the work to address them
o Listening to other perspectives without being defensive and criticizing others' points of view
Technical Skills Desired
● Visual storyteller with experience in layout design and infographics resulting in compelling, public-friendly
graphics and documents. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite desired.
● Strong writer and communicator who can break down complex policy issues clearly and concisely.
● Analytical thinker with experience working in Microsoft Excel and other quantitative analysis programs.
● Spatial analysis experience and proficiency in ArcGIS suite or QGIS.
Work Location, Schedule, and Paid Leave
● In-person, fully remote, and hybrid arrangements available
● 4 weeks starting paid vacation (8 weeks max), 4 weeks parental leave, up to 15 paid holidays
● Every other Friday off year-round (36-hour average work week)
● $65,000 base salary + profit sharing bonus
● Gold health insurance, dental, 401k match, professional development stipend
How to Apply
Please send an introductory email or cover letter with a resume and one work sample that showcases policy analysis or graphic communication attached to Info@Cascadia-Partners.com by Friday, December 3rd, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received. We are stronger because of our diverse team. Women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Cascadia Partners | 1022 NW Marshall St. Suite 380, Portland OR 97209 | www.Cascadia-Partners.com