USGS Seminar Series will host a presentation in the USGS Willamette Conference Room this Thursday, June 23 from 12:30 - 1:30pm.
David McCulloch, USGS Water Information and Computing Applications Support will give the presentation on ArcSDE Personal Geospatial Data Management. Topics will include:
- Description of geodatabases and ESRI ArcSDE geodatabases
- Advantages and disadvantages of ArcSDE geodatabase types
- Benefits to the USGS of enterprise geospatial data management
- Installation and use of ArcSDE Personal
- Incremental development of a USGS enterprise geospatial data management infrastructure
- Benefits of having local data in a client-server relational database management system
- Sharing geodatabases and geospatial data through Active Directory integration
- Using geodatabases with non-ESRI client software, including Microsoft Office, "R" statistical software, and development environments, such as Visual Studio and Python.