Office: SS 201
Office Hours: W 4-6pm & Th 1-3pm
Course Description and Focus
- Identify, critique, and revise maps for inclusion in a portfolio;
- Receive constructive feedback and make appropriate revisions to maps in response to feedback;
- Create a professional presentation of your work demonstrating the analytical, cartographic, and technical skills required to qualify for employment;
Click here to see the Geo 270 Course Curriculum and Outcome Guide.
- USB Flashdrive (recommended 2GB min)
Assignments & Grading
To earn a Passing grade, you will:
- Attend class and be an active participant in critiques and other class activities
- Create a Map Portfolio by our final class meeting & present your portfolio to the class.
FINAL PORTFOLIO PRESENTATIONS
Come prepared to receive/provide feedback on Maps
Backing Up Your Work
Plagiarism is “the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work (Dictionary.com).” This is unacceptable. Cheating is also unacceptable. If you have any questions about the college’s academic policy, see pages 9-11 of the Students Rights and Responsibilities Handbook, online at http://www.pcc/edu/about/policy/student-rights/student-rights.pdf.
Students with Disabilities
PCC is committed to supporting all students. If you plan to use academic accommodations for this course, please contact your instructor as soon as possible to discuss your needs. Accommodation are not retroactive; they begin when the instructor receives the "Approved Academic Accommodations" letter from you (submitted in person for courses on campus; via email for DL courses). To request academic accommodations for a disability, please contact a disability services counselor on any PCC campus. Office locations, phone numbers, and additional information may be found at http://www.pcc.edu/resources/disability