The Clackamas River Basin Council is hiring a Communication & Program Specialist! This full-time position will support the CRBC's mission by developing communication materials and engaging with the public to promote streamside restoration, education, and volunteer opportunities. The Communication & Program Specialist will develop and update communication materials for landowner outreach and for programs that focus on engaging rural and urban participants in CRBC activities and offerings. Duties will include one-on-one meetings and event planning to promote the importance of riparian restoration, pesticide reduction, and watershed care. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills, good attention to detail, and a passion for natural resource management and landowner stewardship.
Visit our JOBS page at http://clackamasriver.org/contact-us/jobs for position description and information on how to apply.
Our mission: We foster partnerships for clean water and to improve fish and wildlife habitat and the quality of life for those who live, work and recreate in the Clackamas River watershed.
Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics
The Cadmus Group is looking for data analysts! The Portland arm of this company largely focuses on energy services - a great opportunity for anyone looking to get on-the-ground experience with data.
The first link is a paid internship that would be a terrific opportunity for a graduate student or an advanced undergraduate. The second is a full-time position best suited for a recent graduate.
Position: Geospatial Specialist
Employer: Quantum Spatial
Location: Portland, OR
Posted on: 08/24/2017
For more information:
Quantum Spatial is seeking a Geospatial Specialist to work directly with its federal government client in Portland, OR. The position will assist Natural Resource Data Stewards (scientists and land title administrators) with GIS quality control/quality assurance on corporate GIS database and data migration. Additional responsibilities will include researching user requirements, designing and documenting geospatial data schemas, and automating the migration of spatial data from various internal and external sources.
To apply to this and similar jobs:
Natural Resource Specialist 3 (Resource Assessment Specialist)
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 08/31/17 11:59 PM
SALARY: $50,088.00 - $73,152.00 Annually
EMPLOYER: Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
LOCATION: Hillsboro, Oregon
DEQ has an immediate opening for one (1) Natural Resource Specialist 3 - Resource Assessment Specialist. The purpose of this position is to provide complex interdisciplinary data analysis, evaluation and assessment, and technical review of complex environmental data specifically air quality monitoring data requiring GIS, R, and other technical expertise to develop reports and products for the purpose of solving difficult natural resource problems. This position works as part of the assessment team at the laboratory. The person in this position is responsible for writing reports and producing web products and other information for DEQ, the public, other state agencies such as Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Department of Agriculture, and Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife as well as tribal governments, EPA and other stakeholders such as watershed councils and citizen groups. These projects mainly focus on air reporting but may include water quality data analysis. This position is responsible for coordination with headquarters, laboratory monitoring & analytical staff, regional offices, other state agencies, and external stakeholders. This position requires cross program and interagency coordination and communication. This position works in support of agency's water and air programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Data Review and Analysis
Reports & Data Display
Minimum Qualifications - To be considered a qualified applicant you must meet the following criteria:
Three years of experience performing studies, research, resource management, compliance investigations or other activities in a Natural Resource or Environmental field related to the position. At least one year of the experience must be at a technical or professional level performing activities such as researching and analyzing data, conducting investigations, applying pertinent laws and regulations, or coordinating and monitoring project activities;
A Bachelor's degree in Natural Resources or Environmental or Earth Science or a closely-related field; OR three additional years of experience performing studies, research, or resource management activities in an environmental field with work closely related to that described in the position.
Requested Skills - Preference may be given to applicants who can demonstrate knowledge or experience in the following areas:
To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon
The Port of Portland is hiring a GIS analyst (closes 9/4).
Click here for the full job description for an opening for GIS/CADD Designer I. They are looking for somebody with PLS CADD experience.
Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Geospatial careers provide you with the opportunity to work on environmental and transportation consulting projects with a focus on supporting our industrial, energy, and transportation clients. You will work as part of diverse project teams including scientists, engineers, and planners to assist our clients. You should be a self-motivated professional with 6-10 years of successful experience, have a Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Planning and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Key Skills and abilities for this Environmental Geospatial Professional Position:
• Provide senior GIS support, strategy, and delivery for permitting and transportation planning GIS needs
• Experience with Oregon and Washington or other states energy siting guidelines and processes
• Have strong skills in geographic information system (GIS), hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
• Have the ability to work in a team environment and lead Jr. technical staff on medium to large sized projects
• Develop, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff
• Develop and implement project plans and work assignments, ensure product quality, on-schedule, and on-budget completion, and safety.
• Serve as a technical specialist contributing to routing studies, permit applications, analytical reports, and impact assessments.
• Demonstrates senior level cartographic, data management, and analytical skills.
• Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• B.S. Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Land Use Planning, or directly-related discipline with 6-10 years of experience in environmental applications of GIS.
• Significant experience with mobile data collection and ESRI ArcGIS desktop (10.x), Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
• Significant Experience with Trimble Pathfinder, TerraSync
• Significant Experience with ArcGIS for Collector
• Experience creating, editing, converting, and managing GIS data
• Experience with geodatabase design and creation
• Experience with web mapping design, technology, and data management, including ArcGIS for Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
• Strong knowledge of topology, projections, and cartographic principles
• Demonstrated project management skills, technical background and ability to support environmental permitting, reporting, and consulting.
• Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
TriMet is recruiting Mobile Surveyors for an upcoming on-board survey project (Orange Line After Study). We will collect origin/destination, on/off stop, and demographic data from riders using tablets on-board TriMet buses and MAX Light Rail. The project will begin in mid to late September 2017 and continue until February 2018 or later. Benefits are a flexible work schedule, $14 per hour pay on as-needed basis, free monthly bus passes, and involvement in an important data collection project.
The qualifications we are looking for are:
Surveyors will need to be able to get to and from any point in the TriMet transit network at the start time and end time of a route. Those bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and ASL are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until August 18th, 2017. Interviews will be conducted at the end of June and training will take place in September at our offices in downtown or Southeast Portland.
Please email a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line titled: “TriMet Mobile Surveyor”.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The GIS Technician serves in a GIS support role to the Project Engineer, GIS Analyst, field
crews and other District staff related to GIS products, materials, troubleshooting and providing assistance for GIS and related mobile GIS deployed solutions. This position has three key roles in the District’s GIS department including GIS data creation and editing, support of mobile GIS users and other District staff who are users of GIS technology, and GIS analysis. The GIS Technician will work closely with the GIS Analyst in implementing new GIS capabilities, prepare and produce maps, conduct spatial analysis, maintain data layers, and incorporate maps and data into reports. This position will provide user support and work collaboratively with GIS system users and other District staff to understand needs, design solutions, manage data quality, and identify requirements for specific projects.