Position: GIS Specialist
Locations: LLOYD CTR TOWER-RM 1700, 825 NE MULTNOMAH, Portland, OR 97232
Duration – 9+ months Contract (Possible extension)
Job Code - PPWLJP00000281
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Use ArcGIS and ArcFM as well as a custom application to identify, configure, and transform distribution data.
• Read and interpret electrical utility asset information to enter, edit, and update spatial and tabular data.
• Maintain the accuracy of the GIS database(s), technical files, and documentation.
• Ensure quality, meet timelines, and coordinate with supervisor and trainers to resolve data issues.
• Complete data conversion, digitizing, spatial data editing, attribute editing, data validation and maintenance of digital infrastructure spatial data and related attribute information.
• Analyze data and perform QC/QA related activities, standards enforcement, and data validation.
• Progress tracking and reporting
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Technical certification or equivalent in drafting, GIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of three years of related experience working in a fast paced, high volume production environment using ArcGIS.
• Experience working with and ability to read and understand electrical one lines, schematics, as well as transmission plan and profile drawings.
• Knowledge of basic electrical distribution power systems and utility network connectivity.
• Knowledge of utility engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
• Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
• Understanding of company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information System (GIS), Natural Resources, Geography or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with ArcGIS 10.x and ArcFM
• Experience working with and maintaining networked utility data.
• Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
If you would be interested.
We would require you to send your resume in a word format and answer the questions below:
1. Are you a Citizen or Green Card Holder or an other VISA Permit or require sponsorship?
2. Are you presently working? If yes. How soon can you join a new job ?
3. Will you be comfortable with the drug test and background verification ?
4. Where there any felony or misdemeanor records in your past 7 years ?
5. Can you take an in-person interview this week ?
6. Are you having any other scheduled interviews this week ?
7. Any long vacations planned for this week ?
8. Your best phone number and email id for further correspondence ?
9. Your expected Hourly & Annual salary rate for this job?
10. Your current location <City><State><Zip Code> ?
11. Do you need to relocate for the job or can commute ?
12. Your Highest Education ?
13.To generate the unique application number, candidate needs to provide the (Month and Day) of Birthday and Last 4 digits of SSN.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560
firstname.lastname@example.org // www.apninc.com
Phone: 510-870-5039 Fax: 510-623-5055
FLO Analytics is looking for a GIS Analyst based in Seattle, Washington and GIS Technician based in Portland, Oregon. Learn more and apply here: https://maulfoster.applicantpool.com/jobs/
1) GIS Technician with FLO Analytics (Portland, OR)
FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services. FLO works with school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. FLO also supports its parent company, Maul Foster & Alongi, Inc. (MFA), a locally owned Pacific Northwest consulting firm specializing in the areas of environmental science, engineering, planning, and GIS. Since 1996, MFA has grown to nearly 100 employees, with offices in Portland and Lake Oswego, Oregon; Vancouver, Seattle, and Bellingham, Washington; and Coeur d'Alene and Kellogg, Idaho. To support these efforts, we are seeking a GIS Technician in our Portland office.
As a GIS Technician, you will support both MFA and FLO's growth in GIS project work. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a broad range of GIS technical support on projects. Primary duties typically include data compilation, standardization, and management; geographic data mapping; spatial analysis; web mapping application development and maintenance; cartographic product creation; and project reporting assistance.
2) GIS Analyst with FLO Analytics (Seattle, WA)
FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services. FLO works with school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. To support these efforts, we are seeking a full-time GIS Analyst in our Seattle office focused on government and utility related work, in addition to our core business functions applied to a variety of industries and projects.
As a GIS Analyst, you will serve as a key member of the FLO team and will support project management, technical work, marketing, and business development. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization skills, and experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Additionally, you will think outside the box, take initiative in a variety of situations, and effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person. As a GIS Analyst, you will:
Please apply if you have a strong client focus and the following qualifications:
ELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers.
ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives.
ELYON is currently seeking a polished and experienced GIS Specialist to support our federal customer in Portland, Oregon.
GIS QUALITY ASSURANCE AND MIGRATION SERVICES.
ELYON requires services to work with the Natural Resource Data Stewards to research user requirements, to conduct quality assurance and quality control on corporate GIS databases, to document and test a suite of GIS/GIS software tools, using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and Trimble COTS desktop software as well as ESRI ArcPad10 and emerging mobile software on multiple operating systems. Services are also needed to research and write curriculum and train nationally on GIS systems as a live instructor, through internet courses or through self-study courses.
The Contractor shall perform the following, but is not limited to:
• Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing;
• Working with field users and leads to document system requirements according to Federal standards.
• Working with Data Stewards to conduct quality assurance, quality control and secure annual approvals from data stewards.
• Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, results and user guides
• Working with Data Stewards and GIS technical staff to migrate disparate data systems on an ongoing basis.
• Working as a facilitator with a regional or national team to refine system
• Writing curriculum, installation guides and Computer Systems Operation guides
• Teaching courses through the Internet, through self-study recorded sessions and live instruction with small groups of up to 24 persons.
• Setting up classrooms and pilot equipment with network access, loading software, loading training data and preparing hardware.
• Evaluating the system and serve the business to ensure functional use of the system for field going staff.
• Acting as technical support liaison for users.
• Assisting to create GIS products for use on mobile devices (i.e. topographic maps, aerial photos, geodatabases, export files) or administrative uses.
• Assisting to track licenses and order new hardware and software
• Facilitating and Preparing for team meetings with presentations, scheduling and documenting minutes.
Successful candidate shall possess the following skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Specific skills in GIS using ESRI current version software on an enterprise system utilizing multiple versions on a Citrix farm
• Skills and experience in using Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) for ArcGIS to migrate disparate datasets.
• Good writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides and configuration management documents.
• Enterprise ArcSDE editing
• Experience in the ESRI ArcGIS version 10.x suite of software
• Experience teaching users in GIS.
• Experience interviewing users to assess and document data or system needs.
• Experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard.
• Experience in natural resources field data collection, especially invasive species, treatments or range vegetation corporate databases.
The following skills are preferred but not required:
• Experience in the use of ArcPad or Trimble mobile GIS softwares
Qualified and interested candidates can send their resume to
Joshua.sisco at elyoninternational.com
Company DescriptionELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers. ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives. Please visit our website at elyoninternational.com for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Geospatial Product Management and Implementation Specialist is a position for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who can support MB&G’s technology solutions on multiple levels including client support, technical support and expansion of product sales and offerings. This position requires excellent communication skills including the ability to present and demo product offerings to potential clients, to train and support existing clients in the use of our products and to listen to our client’s needs to identify enhancements and requirements for our products. This position also requires a range of technical skills that will enable the successful candidate to support data development and product release, recognize and collaborate on solutions to problems, provide assessments and analysis of data, as needed, and effectively troubleshoot product issues. Work is full time and will be performed at our Portland, Oregon headquarters office with potential for occasional travel as projects or product needs require.
To excel in this position, the applicant must have a mix of technological and product management skills:
Technical Skills (implementation)
In order to excel at the GIS Product Management and Implementation Specialist position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
Friday, February 9th, 2018 - Presentation by Bryan Kilburn on using sUAS for a tool
When: 4:00 - 6:00pm
Where: PSU, Cramer Hall, Rm.
Bryan Kilburn is starting his 5th year of instruction with Portland Community College's GIS program. He has 20 years of experience in the Geospatial Information System/Science field and has used these skills for Transportation Design and Civil Engineering, Environmental Restoration, Urban Planning, Demographics, Positive Train Control, Natural Resource Management and, most recently, Precision Agriculture. Byran is excited about using sUAS for a tool now, as he was the day they turned off Selective Availability and GPS technology started its inevitable integration into nearly every mobile device. Portland Community College is happy to offer GEO 248 during Winter Term. This class is interdisciplinary, designed to prepare students for the Part 107 Exam, teach basic, manual flight skills and end with entry-level guided flights for aerial photography and aerial videography. In the Spring, they're offering GEO 252, a GIS specific applications class designed to expose students to creating high-resolution orthophotos and 3D models using the principles of Structure From motion to create products for decision-making using GIS. To read more about Bryan Kilburn visit his LinkedIn profile.
West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District is hiring two temporary, at will, non-exempt, part-time Field Interns for spring through fall of 2018. Ideally, both interns will start in early April and work through September. These six-month internships are designed to provide experience to students and recent graduates in the areas of field monitoring, invasive species management, habitat restoration, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, water quality data collection, stormwater management, forest stewardship and agricultural best management practices on private land.
The interns are highly important to permanent staff who depend on their support in completing tasks and projects. The position is a mix of field and regular office work, with a majority of work in spring and late summer through early fall occurring outdoors and a midsummer period where indoor office work is more common. Field work includes invasive and native plant inventories, weed control (including use of herbicides), GIS and water quality data collection, and monitoring in the form of vegetation and pollinator surveys. This work occurs on farmland and forest land. Office work involves data entry, mapping with ArcGIS, administrative tasks, special projects and planning involving the natural resource management issues listed above.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Passion for the District’s mission to conserve and protect soil and water resources for people, wildlife, and the environment.
• Motivation to help with conservation projects on private farm and forest lands working closely with other District staff as well as working independently on specific projects.
• An enthusiasm to interact with diverse communities and individuals in a welcoming and respectful way.
For full job description & Application details click here.
Registration is open!
Are you a data professional driven toward supporting your community? Do you have strong technical and analytical skills; as well as, excellent customer service and relationship-building skills? Multnomah County Department of Community Services is looking for a curious, customer-service oriented, forward-thinking Asset Management & GIS Technician with a proven track record providing accurate, timely and complex analytical expertise. Are you excited by the idea of working in a public sector environment where you are encouraged and empowered to constantly improve processes?
The Multnomah County Department of Community Services serves the people of Multnomah County by providing many valuable services - Elections, Animal Services, Land Use Planning and Transportation. Our Business Services section serves as the financial hub supporting the program areas within the Department of Community Services, such as records management, contract administration, accounting services, payroll and records maintenance, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and asset management services.
What Are We Looking For?
In This Role You Will:
In an effort to continue the good work we have already accomplished, we are seeking a skilled professional to fill a Technician vacancy in our Business Services section. We are seeking a candidate to fill this important role.
What We Can Offer You
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Multnomah County Business Services team. You will become a part of a strong organization dedicated to providing top-notch services to the community. Imagine working on complex GIS projects, and being challenged to develop your skills and experience to help build a successful career.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Note: Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
The eligible list established through this recruitment will be used to fill future full-time, part-time, temporary, on-call and limited duration vacancies.
Type of Position: This hourly, union-represented position is eligible for overtime.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM, with some flexibility with start/end times. Option to work a 9/80 schedule.
Location: Yeon Building, 1620 SE 190th Avenue, Portland, OR 97233
Note regarding salary placement: New employees and rehires will be paid at the minimum rate in the range for their classification unless a higher rate is approved by the Appointing Authority.
Lyndsey Posada, Recruiter
Department of Community Services
1600 SE 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The Columbia Land Trust has opened 2 positions that are listed below with the direct link to the job post.
Engagement Program Manager
If you have questions, please contact Brieanna :
Meeting at: Ecotrust (Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center)
721 NW Ninth Ave
Portland, Oregon 97209, US (map)
We'll meet in the Ecotrust Alder Room. Enter the atrium of the Ecotrust building from either side. Feel free to bring food and/or beer up with you from Hot Lips or Laughing Planet! Walk up the inside stairs along the East Wall or take the elevator to the second floor. The Alder Room entrance is right behind the Ecotrust front desk. We'll have the gate open for at least the first part of the meeting. If it's not open, call Tanya at 503-475-7833 or just yell through the gate at us :-)