Example of Duties
This position will support IDL's remote sensing program.
Responsibilities will include:
Good knowledge of:
Some knowledge of:
Computer programming languages such as FORTRAN, C, Pascal, AML or object-oriented languages
Natural resource sciences
Operating, applying, and programming ESRI software products, and ERDAS image processing software products in a work environment
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
GIS Analysts w/ Kaiser PermanenteRead Now
Provider Data Analyst (GIS Analyst)
For more information please contact:
Ahmed Al-dulaimi, National Provider Data Management (NPDM), Kaiser Permanente, Ahmed.Al-Dulaimi@kp.org
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
National Provider Data Management (NPDM) is a shared service established to support regional and national provider data management, reporting, analytics, system strategy, and compliance. NPDM’s focus is on improving provider data quality and developing a common business process and technological approach for addressing critical data needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated, analytically oriented individual to help develop and maintain geospatial analysis and reporting capabilities. We are looking for a curious collaborator who is interested in working within a health care environment with an emphasis on geospatial analytics and visualization.
The Provider Data Analyst provides support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating,
tracking, internally managing and reporting data. These positions function both as a consultant and as a high-level data analyst. The position works with clients to develop the right set of questions/hypotheses, using the appropriate tools/skills to derive the best information to address customer needs.
• Master/bachelor's degree in GIS, geography or computer science; urban planning, statistics or another
discipline requiring substantial course work in GIS and quantitative analysis methods.
• Programming experience with R and/or Python strongly preferred.
• High comfort level with technology, ability to learn new technology with relative ease.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Analytical and detail oriented.
• Experience with ERIS ArcGIS applications/Geoprocessing for data management and geospatial analytics
(e.g. ArcGIS Pro, ArcPy, ModelBuilder, Network Analyst, ArcGIS Online, ArcMap).
• Practical experience and/or coursework in GIS applications for population-based reporting and analysis.
• Adept with transforming data into the Tidy Data format via scripted, reproducible workflows.
• Experience with technical aspects of geospatial data management.
• Experience with at least one version control system (e.g. Git, Subversion).
• Knowledge of SQL and experience working with various relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL
• Experience with open source GIS tools and data sources (e.g. R, Python, GDAL, PostGIS, QGIS).
• Knowledge of provider data and network adequacy analytics.
• Experience with an analytical toolset such as R and/or Python.
• Experience with interactive GIS visualization tools (e.g. ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, Leaflet)
• Ability to draft and revise documents including analyses, and reports.
1. Builds sophisticated interactive GIS dashboards and web applications and forecasting tools using databases.
2. Participates in script development for User Acceptance Testing, report generation and data extraction from
the department’s existing databases.
3. Accommodate project deadlines and readily adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
4. Directs and executes creative analytic approaches that lead to actionable outcomes which further promote
5. Provides consultation to clients, including organizational leadership and guides work towards actionable
6. Works with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis.
7. Provides support to peers including technical & programming assistance, and scoping, documentation and
8. Proactively recognizes potential issues, develops plans to address and understands how to communicate
these steps to department leadership and clients.
9. Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to
enable measurement and evaluation.
10. Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops processes and tools that
facilitate decision making.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Department: National Provider Data Management. Kaiser Permanente
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state
laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
The Army Corps of Engineers, Willamette Valley Project is seeking a GIS Intern to work in the Environmental Stewardship section for a one year service term beginning in March 2022. Full details for this position can be found at the following link:
Please note: Applications are processed through the Student Conservation Association, which will necessitate creating an account on their website. The Student Conservation Association is the official employer for this position, but the intern will be directly supervised by and work with Army Corps of Engineers employees.
Application review will take place January 7th, so please indicate your interest in the position on the SCA website no later than January 6th.
GIS Technician w/TriMet (pdx)Read Now
TriMet is hiring a GIS Technician (contractor): https://www.indeed.com/job/gis-technician-eee627571bdfc358
Full Job Description
Support TriMet and its riders by maintaining, collecting, converting, mapping and analyzing geospatial data as a contractor for TriMet’s Mobility and Location-Based Services team. Our group has a history of passionate public service through technological innovation, and we’re excited to welcome a new team member. Projects will include maintaining and enhancing OpenStreetMap (OSM) data in collaboration with the OSM community; collecting infield data with GPS units and mobile devices; editing, creating and verifying spatial data using field checks or reference data; gathering data and information for the development of GIS projects; and related duties as assigned.
Aside from data collection, most assignments can be completed remotely. Travel to field work sites is required, but will be limited to the TriMet transit district. You will be provided with a laptop by TriMet IT as well as a free transit access pass.
TriMet falls under the proposed vaccine mandate and while there is not a current mandate in place, any incoming employee, including contractors, must be willing to get vaccinated if/when the mandate becomes effective.
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, portfolio, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application.
The pay rate will be $25 to $30 per hour depending on experience.
Applications will be accepted until January 9th, 2022, at 11:55 pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Community Outreach Coordinator w/ Johnson Creek Watershed Council (pdx)Read Now
Job Duties & Program Areas
1. (30%) Community Science. Coordinate the Council’s Community Science program, working with the Restoration Project Manager and Volunteer Program Manager. Includes recruiting and training volunteers, leading workshops, coordinating with scientific advisors, tracking and presenting collected data.
2. (30%) Volunteer restoration stewardship & community event planning (20-30/year). Riparian stewardship comprises the majority of these events. Includes recruiting and training volunteers, planning events with partners, updating events on websites, managing sign-ups, and sending reminder emails to registered volunteers.
3. (15%) Engaging diverse communities through facilitating bilingual nature events and events for other historically and continually marginalized communities . Includes recruiting and training volunteers, planning events with partners, updating events on websites, managing sign-ups, and sending reminder emails to registered volunteers.
4. (15%) Communications. Manage our social media platforms, and monthly e-bulletin publication The Johnson Creek Current and adding content to our website.
5. (10%) Administrative. Report writing, attending meetings, responding to partner requests. Other occasional duties will be assigned to support the breadth of our programs, working with other staff members, partners and volunteers.
Qualifications and Skills
● Able to work well with people of diverse ages, races and backgrounds
● Demonstrated commitment to, training in and experience with racial equity, diversity and inclusion
● Experience working with groups of people, preferably volunteers, in a leadership capacity ● Knowledge of natural resources, especially as it pertains to the urban environment
● Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and relationship building
● Experience designing and facilitating public involvement efforts
● Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends in addition to workdays (total number of hours in a pay period to remain the same, and will average 32-40 hours/week)
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite. Familiarity with database software
● Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, to walk in and around streams and other project and monitoring sites, and to work at a desk for extended periods of time, with reasonable accommodation
Other Desirable Qualities
● Working knowledge of website & email management platforms, digital fluency: ability to learn new applications quickly
● Working knowledge of an email marketing management platform (Vertical Response, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.)
● Experience working with communities within the Johnson Creek watershed
● Ability to speak and write in Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Mandarin/Cantonese, or other languages spoken in the Johnson Creek Watershed. Willingness to use your language skills to reach out to other communities.
● Public speaking experience
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, natural resource science, business or other relevant fields is desirable.
Two years of experience in high volume event planning, community outreach or communications is preferred. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for some of the experience.
GIS Intern Position with USACE through Student Conservation Association (pdx)Read Now
GIS Intern (Portland)
Expected Dates: January 16, 2022 to January 1, 2023
Site: Willamette Valley Project
Position ID: PO-00732147
GIS Intern working in the Real Estate section of the Portland District oﬃce for the Army Corps of Engineers. xxx
Primary duties include Real Estate- boundary mapping, easements, GPS data collection for real property or other assets/infrastructure. Other duties include data acquisition, data management, parcel and project boundary line GIS Mapping, natural resource GIS mapping, and field GPS data collection. Data analysis for projects related to cultural and historic resources, Master Plan development, threatened and endangered plants and wildlife, invasive plants, habitat restoration, easements and land ownership, and hydrology. Additional duties may include field support of other natural resource programs such as botany, wildlife biology, cultural resources monitoring, boundary surveys and park operations.
- $650- one time RT travel allowance
- $260 - weekly living allowance
- $40 weekly commuting allowance
- $1200 monthly housing allowance (12 months of housing)
- $3,000 duty travel reimbursement
- AmeriCorps eligible ($6345 education award)
*All allowances subject to applicable federal, state, and local taxes
Conditions of Employment: Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine;
Receive from SCA a reasonable accommodation granting an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable accommodation will be provided at the time of selection.
Main Area of Focus
Geographic Info Systems (GIS, includes GPS)
Education, Training & Skills Expected
Biology or some coursework or experience
Earth Sciences or some coursework or experience
Recreation Management or some coursework or experience
Resource Management or some coursework or experience
Computer Science or competent with supervision
GIS: competent without supervision
GPS: competent without supervision
Data Analysis: competent with supervision
Working under the general guidance of the City Engineer this position develops and maintains GIS based platforms, performs data creation and reports for the City of Newberg.
As a member of a robust Public Works Department; this position develops customized maps, maintains databases, collecting and inputting data, and verifying information integrity. Analyze information, maps, charts and graphs , prepares graphics and reports for Engineering Projects, Community Development and Asset Management.
Be part of a team that includes the Engineering GIS Analyst and the City’s Information Technology (IT) Division. You will work on system functions including software upgrades and configuration management. You will assist with field data collection for various Engineering Division projects and maintain the archive of all construction plans filed in the City. This position provides support for essential environmental, water, sewer, street, storm, and other projects that impact the integrity of development in Newberg.
Careers in Public Works are stable and provide meaningful services that shape the infrastructure and accessibility of our growing community.
View our Equity and Operational Culture Statement Here.
Examples of Duties
Education and Experience:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
Typical qualifications would include
Must possess a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
Must pass a criminal background check.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Personal computer, tablet, laptop, including word processing, spreadsheet, GIS data base, and computer-aided- design software; standard drafting tools; office equipment, motor vehicle; desk and mobile phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to meet the needs of a qualified individual with limitations who can perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper PPE and Safety Support is provided to all employees.
Instructor of Geography and Geographic Information Science (One position)
Social Science Division
Closing Date: 1/09/2022
Lane Community College, a comprehensive community college in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, is seeking an Instructor of Geography and Geographic Information Science with an enthusiasm for fostering an inclusive learning environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to teach lower division Human, Physical, and Regional Geography courses, as well as transfer and career technical GIS courses, in both online and in-classroom settings. We encourage applications from candidates that identify with groups that are historically underrepresented in Geography and Geographical Information Science.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as Fall Term 2022 or earlier
Starting Salary Range: $54,970 - $76,796 per academic year
To view the full job posting visit: https://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/10833
Lane only accepts online applications.
EEO/AA/ADA Institution, Veterans, Women and Minority Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Webinar: Mapping Your Career Pathway in Geography and Geotechnologies on 12/14 @ 12pm PSTRead Now
Webinar: Mapping Your Career Pathway in Geography and Geotechnologies
Date and Time: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm U.S. Eastern Time
What forces and trends in society will be most relevant during the 2020s that will impact geography? How can you embrace these forces and trends and build skills to chart an effective career pathway? Join us as lifelong geographer Joseph Kerski (Esri) discusses these questions and more.
Dr. Kerski has served as a geographer in four workforce sectors (industry, government, nonprofit, and academia) and promises to make this a lively and informative workshop where you are welcome to interact and ask questions.