Survey Intern – Engineering Specialist 1
Region 3 Highway Division
White City, OR
$16.38 - $18.06 hr
Are you studying geomatics or land surveying and interested in public service? If so, ODOT wants you! Come join our team as a survey intern in White City through our popular College Internship Program. In this role you will keep project records, perform engineering calculations, assist the survey crew chief, and gain valuable experience to help you achieve a career in land surveying.
The College Internship Program is designed to allow students matriculating through an accredited post-secondary program the opportunity to gain practical experience. We are accepting applications from students in accredited undergraduate degree programs who will have completed their freshman year as of June 2018.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED & REQUESTED SKILLS:
Must be an undergraduate college student studying geomatics or land surveying whose freshman year will be completed by June 2018.
"The City of Florence is accepting applications for a full-time GIS Analyst I. Salary: $19.62 - $27.11/hr., includes a generous benefits package. Position Closes: March 2 at 4 pm.
To Apply: Visit www.ci.florence.or.us/jobs for a complete job description and application. Resume, application, and cover letter may be mailed or hand delivered to Human Resources, City of Florence, 2675 Kingwood St, Florence, OR 97439; or emailed to email@example.com.
Questions may be directed to (541) 997-3437. The City of Florence is an equal opportunity employer and service provider."
GIS Consultant (National)
Location :Yangon, MYANMAR
Application Deadline :16-Feb-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract :Individual Contract
Post Level :National Consultant
Languages Required :
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The Myanmar Information Management Unit / MIMU was established in late 2007 and is a service to humanitarian and development agencies under the management of the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator. The MIMU receives strategic guidance from an Advisory Board comprising UN, INGO, NNGO and donor representatives, and administrative and operational support is provided by UNDP. The MIMU is primarily funded by 2-3 bilateral donors.
The MIMU’s role is to safeguard the common data and information repository for development and humanitarian actors in the Myanmar context through gathering and compiling data from various sources on all sectors countrywide, and at the lowest administrative unit for which it is available, and making this information accessible to the wider group of stakeholders.
The MIMU plays a key role in promoting standards related to data, geo-referencing and information management among UN agencies and NGOs, including defining principles around how data will be stored, working with technical working groups to bring together available information from various sources and promoting use of the standards set by these technical groups, and supporting wider development monitoring processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The GIS Consultant will contribute to the development and maintenance of GIS products for the humanitarian and development community that will ultimately aid in coordination, decision making, and a better understanding of the geography of assistance in Myanmar .
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The GIS Consultant will work closely with the MIMU GIS team for assisting with assigned MIMU GIS projects, data, and mapping activities. Developing GIS data through digitizing, identifying sources, and assigning attributes. Deliver custom mapping products as requested by humanitarian/development partners. Contributing to interagency mapping efforts, through participation in the GIS user’s group. Assisting with assigned capacity building training for other humanitarian/development partners in GIS/GPS application.
Position: GIS Specialist
Locations: LLOYD CTR TOWER-RM 1700, 825 NE MULTNOMAH, Portland, OR 97232
Duration – 9+ months Contract (Possible extension)
Job Code - PPWLJP00000281
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Use ArcGIS and ArcFM as well as a custom application to identify, configure, and transform distribution data.
• Read and interpret electrical utility asset information to enter, edit, and update spatial and tabular data.
• Maintain the accuracy of the GIS database(s), technical files, and documentation.
• Ensure quality, meet timelines, and coordinate with supervisor and trainers to resolve data issues.
• Complete data conversion, digitizing, spatial data editing, attribute editing, data validation and maintenance of digital infrastructure spatial data and related attribute information.
• Analyze data and perform QC/QA related activities, standards enforcement, and data validation.
• Progress tracking and reporting
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Technical certification or equivalent in drafting, GIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of three years of related experience working in a fast paced, high volume production environment using ArcGIS.
• Experience working with and ability to read and understand electrical one lines, schematics, as well as transmission plan and profile drawings.
• Knowledge of basic electrical distribution power systems and utility network connectivity.
• Knowledge of utility engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
• Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
• Understanding of company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information System (GIS), Natural Resources, Geography or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with ArcGIS 10.x and ArcFM
• Experience working with and maintaining networked utility data.
• Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
If you would be interested.
We would require you to send your resume in a word format and answer the questions below:
1. Are you a Citizen or Green Card Holder or an other VISA Permit or require sponsorship?
2. Are you presently working? If yes. How soon can you join a new job ?
3. Will you be comfortable with the drug test and background verification ?
4. Where there any felony or misdemeanor records in your past 7 years ?
5. Can you take an in-person interview this week ?
6. Are you having any other scheduled interviews this week ?
7. Any long vacations planned for this week ?
8. Your best phone number and email id for further correspondence ?
9. Your expected Hourly & Annual salary rate for this job?
10. Your current location <City><State><Zip Code> ?
11. Do you need to relocate for the job or can commute ?
12. Your Highest Education ?
13.To generate the unique application number, candidate needs to provide the (Month and Day) of Birthday and Last 4 digits of SSN.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560
firstname.lastname@example.org // www.apninc.com
Phone: 510-870-5039 Fax: 510-623-5055
FLO Analytics is looking for a GIS Analyst based in Seattle, Washington and GIS Technician based in Portland, Oregon. Learn more and apply here: https://maulfoster.applicantpool.com/jobs/
1) GIS Technician with FLO Analytics (Portland, OR)
FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services. FLO works with school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. FLO also supports its parent company, Maul Foster & Alongi, Inc. (MFA), a locally owned Pacific Northwest consulting firm specializing in the areas of environmental science, engineering, planning, and GIS. Since 1996, MFA has grown to nearly 100 employees, with offices in Portland and Lake Oswego, Oregon; Vancouver, Seattle, and Bellingham, Washington; and Coeur d'Alene and Kellogg, Idaho. To support these efforts, we are seeking a GIS Technician in our Portland office.
As a GIS Technician, you will support both MFA and FLO's growth in GIS project work. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a broad range of GIS technical support on projects. Primary duties typically include data compilation, standardization, and management; geographic data mapping; spatial analysis; web mapping application development and maintenance; cartographic product creation; and project reporting assistance.
2) GIS Analyst with FLO Analytics (Seattle, WA)
FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services. FLO works with school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. To support these efforts, we are seeking a full-time GIS Analyst in our Seattle office focused on government and utility related work, in addition to our core business functions applied to a variety of industries and projects.
As a GIS Analyst, you will serve as a key member of the FLO team and will support project management, technical work, marketing, and business development. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization skills, and experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Additionally, you will think outside the box, take initiative in a variety of situations, and effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person. As a GIS Analyst, you will:
Please apply if you have a strong client focus and the following qualifications:
I am always looking for an opportunity to promote the contributions of women in Geography. Here is a great article on Zonia Baber and her early work in Geography and Geography education.
ELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers.
ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives.
ELYON is currently seeking a polished and experienced GIS Specialist to support our federal customer in Portland, Oregon.
GIS QUALITY ASSURANCE AND MIGRATION SERVICES.
ELYON requires services to work with the Natural Resource Data Stewards to research user requirements, to conduct quality assurance and quality control on corporate GIS databases, to document and test a suite of GIS/GIS software tools, using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and Trimble COTS desktop software as well as ESRI ArcPad10 and emerging mobile software on multiple operating systems. Services are also needed to research and write curriculum and train nationally on GIS systems as a live instructor, through internet courses or through self-study courses.
The Contractor shall perform the following, but is not limited to:
• Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing;
• Working with field users and leads to document system requirements according to Federal standards.
• Working with Data Stewards to conduct quality assurance, quality control and secure annual approvals from data stewards.
• Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, results and user guides
• Working with Data Stewards and GIS technical staff to migrate disparate data systems on an ongoing basis.
• Working as a facilitator with a regional or national team to refine system
• Writing curriculum, installation guides and Computer Systems Operation guides
• Teaching courses through the Internet, through self-study recorded sessions and live instruction with small groups of up to 24 persons.
• Setting up classrooms and pilot equipment with network access, loading software, loading training data and preparing hardware.
• Evaluating the system and serve the business to ensure functional use of the system for field going staff.
• Acting as technical support liaison for users.
• Assisting to create GIS products for use on mobile devices (i.e. topographic maps, aerial photos, geodatabases, export files) or administrative uses.
• Assisting to track licenses and order new hardware and software
• Facilitating and Preparing for team meetings with presentations, scheduling and documenting minutes.
Successful candidate shall possess the following skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Specific skills in GIS using ESRI current version software on an enterprise system utilizing multiple versions on a Citrix farm
• Skills and experience in using Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) for ArcGIS to migrate disparate datasets.
• Good writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides and configuration management documents.
• Enterprise ArcSDE editing
• Experience in the ESRI ArcGIS version 10.x suite of software
• Experience teaching users in GIS.
• Experience interviewing users to assess and document data or system needs.
• Experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard.
• Experience in natural resources field data collection, especially invasive species, treatments or range vegetation corporate databases.
The following skills are preferred but not required:
• Experience in the use of ArcPad or Trimble mobile GIS softwares
Qualified and interested candidates can send their resume to
Joshua.sisco at elyoninternational.com
Company DescriptionELYON International is a premier management consulting firm with a diverse list of both government and commercial customers. ELYON International provides comprehensive management consulting, information technology, geospatial and professional support services that enable our customers to meet their goals and exceed performance objectives. Please visit our website at elyoninternational.com for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Geospatial Product Management and Implementation Specialist is a position for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who can support MB&G’s technology solutions on multiple levels including client support, technical support and expansion of product sales and offerings. This position requires excellent communication skills including the ability to present and demo product offerings to potential clients, to train and support existing clients in the use of our products and to listen to our client’s needs to identify enhancements and requirements for our products. This position also requires a range of technical skills that will enable the successful candidate to support data development and product release, recognize and collaborate on solutions to problems, provide assessments and analysis of data, as needed, and effectively troubleshoot product issues. Work is full time and will be performed at our Portland, Oregon headquarters office with potential for occasional travel as projects or product needs require.
To excel in this position, the applicant must have a mix of technological and product management skills:
Technical Skills (implementation)
In order to excel at the GIS Product Management and Implementation Specialist position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
Benton County is actively looking for a motivated and hard-working GIS Specialist to join our team! We are on the hunt for someone who wishes to work in a family type organization. Is this YOU?? Apply TODAY!!
Our County Perfectly placed in the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and 40 miles north of Eugene, Benton County has easy access to urban areas with ample opportunities for cultural activities. Combined with outdoor recreation galore in the Cascade Range 80 miles to the east and the Coastal Range and Pacific Ocean 50 miles west, the county's 90,000 residents like to say they "have it all." Whether going out for a day of fishing, hiking trails in our natural areas, planning a family outing to the Corvallis Knights baseball game or shopping at locally-owned businesses in downtown Corvallis -- Benton County has something for everyone.
This position is responsible to design, create, and maintain county databases on Surveys, Addresses, Zoning, Roads, Fire Districts, County facilities and utilities, etc., using ArcGIS and databases. The GIS Specialist will also analyze data, make engineering drawings using AutoCAD, as well as create, revise, and maintain county maps (using ArcGIS and CAD). This position requires working with many departments around the County as well as the public and other municipalities.
MFA: Database Management
MFA: Computer Aided Drafting
MFA: Customer Service
MFA: Data Analysis
Recruitment information: Application materials (application, cover letter, and resume) must be completed along with responses to any supplemental questions to be considered for the position. First review of applications will occur on 02/16/18.
Position Information: The GIS Specialist's role is to perform intermediate to advanced technical work providing technical support for GIS project implementation and operation, creating, testing and enhancing GIS applications, developing and administering web-based GIS applications, preparing GIS datasets, maps, database reports and specialized queries, developing and administering Utilities for Water, Sewer and Storm operations.
A GIS Specialist position requires a proficiency in both a GIS and customer service capacity. This position requires extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS related work. This position requires an employee to be flexible, be able to multitask, think intuitively, implore time management and project management skills, and possess troubleshooting ability. Employee must be well versed in ESRI products and be able to work with GIS data effectively. This position requires working with many departments around the City as well as the public and other municipalities. An employee in this position should require minimal supervision and be able to use initiative and good work ethic to accomplish assigned tasks.
This position is covered under the EBA collective bargaining agreement, visit the website, www.mylongview.com for a copy of the agreement. A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Essential Job Duties
Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in computer science, or related field; and 3-5 years hands on experience with GIS based software; ESRI ArcGIS.
Ideal Candidate Information