Join the successful and rapidly growing ERM team – the largest dedicated team of EH&S professionals in the world. We are looking for committed and energetic professionals to help the worlds’ most dynamic and innovative companies in the tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors tackle some of their most important environment, health, and safety challenges.
ERM is seeking a Staff GIS and Data Operations Consultant I to join our Portland, OR office. The entry-level Consultant will join an existing team of professionals to leverage environmental data management and geospatial technologies in support of our core services. These include impact assessment, environmental planning and permitting, energy infrastructure studies, health and safety, and site investigation and remediation related services.
· Work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure GIS and data deliverables meet or exceed our clients’ needs.
· Plan, design, implement, and maintain large, complex, multiyear GIS and data management projects.
· Organize and manage project data, analysis, and mapping following company protocols and industry best practices.
· Prioritize, organize, perform, and direct numerous work assignments in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
· Author and edit geoprocessing scripts and tools with python and model-builder.
· Generate custom maps and analysis for numerous clients covering a variety of projects.
· Publish and maintain ArcGIS web-based map services and applications, and integration with existing environmental database systems and tools.
· Expand digital capabilities by exploring new technologies and software, plus ways to improve existing methods, tools, and workflows.
· Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or comparable field.
· Experience using Esri’s ArcGIS 10x and ArcGIS Pro suite of software.
· Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and customized web apps utilizing ArcGIS Server.
· Experience with environmental geochemical data and lab procedures.
· Experience with relational databases and database design or management.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, and an eye for professional presentation and aesthetics in project deliverables (maps, charts, graphs, tables, and other visualizations).
· Previous experience working effectively with others in a team environment to deliver quality projects on time and within budgets.
· Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Advanced degrees or certifications in GIS and/or database design.
· Knowledge of SQL and databases, including earthsoft’s EQuIS data management system.
· Advanced experience with data management including organizing and maintaining complex projects containing geospatial and tabular data, mxds, custom tools and toolboxes, analysis output, maps, and SQL enterprise geodatabases.
· Experience using ArcGIS Pro in a production setting, creating Python geoprocessing tools for ArcPro, and designing queries in Arcade.
· Experience building, deploying, and supporting Esri mobile applications such as Collector, Survey123, Field Maps, and Dashboard.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting opportunity within our Washington Geological Survey Division. The Washington Geological Survey is looking for a Data Compilation Assistant with a geoscience background to join a diverse and highly motivated team of editors, cartographers, and data scientists as part of our Publications Group. As part of a great team environment, you will use your knowledge of geology and experience with GIS to compile a variety of geologic information into databases, ranging from geologic mapping to geochemical analyses to geophysical measurements. Your methodical, detail-oriented nature will help you scan, digitize, and georeference new data as well as conduct quality control on existing datasets. The work you do will make an important contribution to the Survey’s efforts to publish the best possible science.
The Coordinator is responsible for providing GIS technical support, developing, managing, and supporting information systems, and configuring the District reporting tools. Primary duties include managing District GIS resources, assisting with daily GIS project tasks for the District, analyzing spatial data, generating reports, and providing training and support for District staff.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is full time at $56,910.00 - $65,101.00 per year plus benefits. Medical and dental insurance are available after 60 days. 100% Tualatin SWCD-paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance available after 180 days. Tualatin SWCD will contribute 5% of the gross earnings per pay period to a 457(b)-retirement plan after 180 days.
This position is a Cartographer, GS- 1370-9 working in Vancouver, WA for the R1-Columbia River Fisheries Program Office.
This is a term position expected to last 13 months but may be extended up to a total of 4 years
As a Cartographer your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remote / Full-Time / Close Date 6/30/2021
Scoot Science is building a virtual window into the ocean for marine stakeholders through ocean data management, analysis, and forecasting. We give our customers a critical edge for marine operations, risk management, and long term planning, by combining the best available ocean and atmospheric data with in house analytics and visualization.
If you love the ocean and science, and are excited about the intersection of technology, ocean data, and operational climate change decision making... let’s talk.
Preferred skills include experience manipulating geospatial data in Python (geopandas, rasterio, cartopy, etc.) and mapping tools like Kepler, QGIS, Google Earth Engine.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Employees at this level work under direct to general supervision and are responsible for creating and maintaining geographic information system (GIS) databases, translating geographic and demographic data, programming, testing, modifying, configuring, updating, maintaining, documenting and/or otherwise supporting basic GIS systems software (computer programs).
Typical Duties - Duties include, but are not limited to the following
Geospatial Data and Map Production
Maintains enterprise geodatabases and their contents and associated metadata using standardized processes. Reviews existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation. Utilizes geoprocessing tools and applications to import, transform, and export data stored in a variety of spatial formats. Uses advanced editing tools to maintain spatial data integrity and complex relationships. Fulfills requests for spatial data, maps, reports and queries from the GIS system. Maintains standard map products and map series.
Analyzes spatial data and business processes, and applies spatial analysis methods and cartographic design techniques to produce maps, reports, and other graphic representations. Coordinates and works with other GIS Analysts, programmers and information system administrators in the development of GIS applications. Develops business solutions using configurable web and mobile GIS applications. Develops applications to automate standard geo-processes, spatial analysis and map products. Utilizes the county’s standard documentation and version control systems.
GIS User Support
Provides customer service and support for GIS end-users to ensure effective and accurate operation of the system and derive its full benefits. Provide primary or secondary support via phone, email and in-person in a knowledgeable and positive manner. Mentor and train end-users in system operations. Trouble-shoot any aspect of the system including installation, network, and GIS servers. Provides on-call GIS support for disaster response and emergency operations.
Designs, creates and maintains spatial datasets and geodatabases, and associated metadata. Coordinates with other GIS Analysts to implement spatial data conversion projects. Develops and maintains data processing scripts and applications to import, transform, and export data stored in a variety of spatial formats. Maintains and administers applications and systems that comprise the county GIS. Administers internal and online GIS servers, manages the content management system, including users, groups and content.
Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic knowledge of: Application programming techniques, systems maintenance and security, application development tools, principles and practices of data communication, computer hardware and systems software in supporting application systems; database management systems, principles and techniques; applicable computer programming languages. ESRI software and computer mapping techniques; data integrity control; legal descriptions pertaining to land ownership; cadastral principles; research methods to determine right of way and ownership history; principles of geographic mapping and cartography, mathematics, statistics and spatial data analysis.
Skill and ability to: Establish controls and security measures; code, test and document applications; plan and coordinate program efforts to achieve data processing requirements and objectives; develop and implement data processing projects. Provide technical assistance or train others in the use of computer hardware and software; resolve user problems; communicate effectively with user divisions and technical staff; create and maintain databases; write computer programs; digitize cartographic data. Operate and use personal computers and various other computer aided devices, such as digitizers, scanners and plotters. Define programming sequencing necessary to produce maps, interpret legal documents and translate legal descriptions into the database. Distinguish gradations of color, understand and respond to mapping requests from the public, read, understand and work with a variety of mapping data; organize and write worksite instructions and procedures; code, test, debug, maintain and install computer applications and modify applications according to worksite requirements; establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, the public and other agencies.
Drives a motor vehicle in the performance of duties; uses depth perception; reads a 12 pt. font; distinguishes colors and shades; speaks with a clear and audible voice; hears a normal speech level; sits; moves about the work area; uses hands and fingers to grasp and manipulate objects; operates a computer; bends; reaches overhead; lifts up to 15 lbs.; pushes/pulls up to 50 lbs.; uses office chemicals such as toner.
GIS Analyst (ID# 49357)
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 0-3
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Be involved in projects with our Visualization and Data Intelligence Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Junior GIS Analyst for our Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; Virginia Beach, VA offices. This position will be responsible for creating and delivering geospatial solutions, as part of a dynamic results-oriented team, in response to our clients’ requirements. Our successful candidates will have experience working with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Online applications, enterprise-level databases, and mobile applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fulfill geospatial analyses, mapping and online application requests for internal and external clients
• Demonstrate and apply an understanding/knowledgebase of geospatial topics and best practices including projections, data management and version control, spatial analysis techniques, linear referencing, editing features, field data collection techniques, and 3D GIS tools
• Learn and apply new skills and tools during the life cycle of a project
• Create, edit, and manage vector and raster data, and collect data from online clearinghouses
• Populate geospatial metadata per Federal Geospatial Data Committee (FGDC guidelines)
• Work with other GIS Analysts within WSP’s Geospatial Group to perform tasks such as: collecting project requirements, determine clients' needs, communicate solutions, design workflows and data management techniques to increase efficiencies, and maintain the quality of deliverables
WSP will consider the first 100 applicants. If qualified candidates cannot be identified, the next set of 100 applicants received will be up for consideration.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor's degree in geography, environmental sciences, planning, or other related field with exposure to GIS applications
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in GIS using Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Online applications and related extensions including Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, and Geostatistical Analyst
• Excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
• Be a team player with ability to work within tight deadlines for multiple projects
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• Must be able to pass background/criminal screening
• Experience working with ESRI tools including Advanced Editing, Geocoding, Georeferencing, Raster Calculators, Topology, Labeling, and Data Driven Pages
• Experience with Esri mobile applications (Collector, Field Maps, Survey123) for GPS data collection
Working knowledge, or willingness to learn Esri products such as ArcGIS Urban, StoryMaps, and Experience Builder
• A working knowledge of Enterprise-Level Databases and applications (ArcGIS Enterprise), ArcGIS Online, and database connections and how they can be used in desktop and mobile mapping environments
• Experience working with data in both Microsoft Excel and Access
• Working knowledge, or willingness to learn, Python scripting environment to automate tasks and workflows
• Cartographic skills that depict a clear understanding of map composition and symbology principles with the ability to produce maps for reports, meetings, posters, web mapping etc.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The City of Auburn Engineering department is looking for a talented GIS Inventory Technician to add to our team! In this position, you will perform technical and field work in support of the Engineering Services Division and will be responsible for conducting system inventory and coordinating the mapping of that inventory in order to improve the overall management of the City's assets.
In this role you will:
We are looking for candidates that have:
Why choose the City of Auburn?
About the City of Auburn
The City of Auburn was incorporated in 1891, and has since bloomed into a perfect place to live, visit, explore, and play. With over 29.8 square miles of land, two rivers, and two counties, Auburn is home to over 80,000 residents, and hundreds of businesses - ranging from manufacturing to retail.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Team Auburn values diverse perspectives and life experiences, and welcomes applications from people who will help us consistently demonstrate the values of equity, respect, and partnership. The department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. Individuals interested in joining our team must be committed to racial, social, and economic equality for ALL people in our community.
GIS TechnicianGIS - Tualatin, OR - Full Time
AKS Engineering & Forestry has an immediate opening for a GIS Technician in our Tualatin office. You will work alongside a team of experienced surveyors, engineers, and land use planners and other professionals to provide GIS analysis, geospatial data processing, and map/exhibit generation. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love the challenges that come with this type of consulting work, then this is an outstanding opportunity to work side-by-side with a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
Job Functions & Responsibilities: This full-time position will provide support for site development and public works projects by developing and maintaining public agency databases and other GIS-based work products. Responsibilities will include:
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, construction support, GIS, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked among the top consulting engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan region. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018 and 2019. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
How does excellent benefits, every other Friday off and working with a great team sound? The City of West Linn is hiring a GIS Specialist with these benefits and more! This position performs a variety of work related to the technical aspects and computer applications of geographic information systems (GIS) and asset management systems. This position has responsibility to work with all utilities to develop and maintain GIS and asset management systems in order to provide for the sustainability of the City’s utility infrastructure as well as other related tasks as assigned.
Examples of Duties
(An employee in this classification may perform any of the following duties; however, these examples do not include all the specific tasks that an employee may be expected to perform)
1. Contributes to a positive work environment.
2. Maintains a positive relationship with contacts specific to them and positions outside the City organization.
3. Identifies GIS and asset management needs and works closely with others to develop databases for managing and tracking information. Evaluates information and problem solves any irregularities and either takes corrective action as necessary or makes recommendations as to corrective action.
4. Reviews and prepares maps and geographic record materials for entry into databases and uses customized software to enter/maintain GIS and asset management data sets and maps.
5. Provides technical support and training to other staff in the use of strategic business software by researching and evaluating solutions to user needs; makes recommendations and advises system users for technical support.
6. Utilizes GPS equipment with expertise in GPS data collection to facilitate maintenance of infrastructure inventory databases for all utilities: water, storm, sewer, streets, and other infrastructure. This includes work outdoors to inspect and gather data related to various infrastructure assets, including but not limited to manholes, inlets, valves, hydrants and signs.
7. Provides technical graphics, mapping and documentation. Creates and updates graphs, spreadsheets, charts and other related technical documents.
8. Establishes and maintains data and pertinent records; prepares statistical and narrative reports to assist all utilities in asset grouping, routine and preventative maintenance scheduling, replacement schedules, activity based costing, task management, historical trends analysis and other reports as needed, tracks and closes out service requests and work orders as needed.
9. Develops safe work habits and contributes to the safety of self, co-workers and the general public. Performs assigned duties during emergency situations. Performs other duties as required.
i) Requires Associate’s Degree in computer science, geography, geographic information systems, or related fields. Qualifications must include a working knowledge of ESRI GIS software and computer databases (preferably including asset management data). Requires knowledge of tabular information and mathematics as they relate to GIS project work and competency in data documentation.
i) Experience with file management and text editing, operation of personal computers/tablets, word processing and spreadsheet software, GPS hardware, plotters and/or other peripherals.
ii) Requires effective communication orally and in writing and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff in City Departments.
iii) Must have a valid driver's license at time of appointment.
Received: Receives general direction from the GIS Coordinator, who assigns tasks and outlines general projects and procedures. Often performs work highly independently once work assignments are received. The Assistant City Engineer supervises performance to ensure compliance with established procedures, regulations and all personnel policy requirements.
Exercised: Supervision of others is not a normal responsibility of positions in this classification.
Requires frequent communication with department staff and supervisor.
4) Cognitive Functions:
Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex datasets and to effectively communicate with city staff resulting in accuracy and consensus.
5) Working Conditions:
Majority of work is performed in an office setting, however, field data collection and staff support will require work in adverse conditions include working around heavy equipment, sewer manholes and catch basins, and exposure to seasonal weather changes including working in inclement weather. Requires moderate physical effort, use of survey/GPS equipment and City vehicles. Has normal business hours.
6) Resource Accountability:
Position is responsible to assist the GIS Coordinator in the proper maintenance of GIS and asset management computer systems and the maintenance and storage of maps, drawings, charts and other related records.
May commit City resources of up to $500 with the verbal approval of supervisor.
Responsible for the proper care of City equipment.
The job classification description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The City of West Linn is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. Some positions require pre-employment drug testing, passing a medical exam and/or a police background check. Job related reference checks will be conducted prior to employment being offered.
EEO Policy: The City of West Linn is committed to equal employment opportunity as a way to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified employees. Moreover, it is the intent of the City to actively support and comply with local, state and federal law. Accordingly:
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran's preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.