AGS has extended its deadline for summer internship applications to May 8th, 2017.
Note: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis if a student is interested in applying for a Fall internship they may.
The summer internship lasts for 15 weeks, with the weekly hours being 35 hours. Upon successful completion of the Scholar-Intern Program, Summer Interns receive a scholarship of $1,000.00.
Interns with interest in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
· Geography and Environmental Studies
· Geospatial Analysis and GIS
· Media and Communications
· Information Technology and Web Development
Scholarships rewarded upon successful completion of program Projects:
· Assist with updating and maintaining new website and blog.
· Assist with maximizing social networking opportunities to expand reach of the Society’s activities, including writing for blog and conducting interviews.
· Assist with marketing/administrative research projects.
· Assist with designing new projects/campaigns
· Maintain a 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
· Enrolled in college courses (unless applying for a Summer internship).
Send application materials to:
Ms. Anastasia Tom, Operations and Projects Manager
American Geographical Society
32 Court Street, Suite 201
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201