Clark Conservation District is looking for a motivated and engaged individual to serve as our new 20-21 AmeriCorps Farm and Forestry Outreach Coordinator. Interviews are expected to be held in July with a start date of September 1st. We will start reviewing applications on June 22, 2020.
For more information, see https://clarkcd.org/employment<https://clarkcd.org/employment?fbclid=IwAR1KdNmWJ49DeZrKBn4hHUJlGaJ1y3K-hgCVqqeW5WzBymvqe9j0wnW-7lg>
About the Clark Conservation District
Since 1942, Clark Conservation District (Clark CD) has worked with individuals and communities to conserve and manage water quality, soils, and natural habitats for the benefit of the public. Clark CD provides technical, financial, and educational resources to meet the needs of the local landowner for the conservation of our resources. We are non-regulatory and 100% grant-funded. Clark CD is a legal subdivision of state government enabled under statute is RCW Chapter 89.08 et seq.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The AmeriCorps Member will serve agricultural and forest landowners in Clark County and forest landowners in Clark, Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties. The Member will create brochures and outreach material and conduct workshops to help educate residents about natural resource concerns. The Member will plan and facilitate events, train and educate community members, and expand workshop and outreach offerings in the three counties. The Member will identify farm and forestry parcels to target outreach efforts towards. They will expand program offerings to community members and will leverage relationships with partner organizations.
Major duties include the following:
* Outreach and education.
* Manage Facebook page and website.
* Create digital and print outreach material including pamphlets, workshop advertisements, and educational material for the District's website.
* Perform windshield surveys of agricultural and forestry parcels.
* Connect local farm and forestry communities to available and new resources.
* Track, evaluate, and report activities to demonstrate impact.
* Operate standard office equipment.
* Other duties as assigned by the District Manager or Board of Supervisors.
* Possess a bachelor's degree.
* Possess a valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance at time of hire and throughout employment.
* Pass a job-related driving record check and criminal background investigation.
* Possess bachelor's degree in a natural resource related field.
* Experience with outreach including web-based outreach.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including teaching or public presentation experience.
* Works well independently and effectively manages multiple tasks.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Basic skill in using ArcGIS mapping software.
* Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite)
* Ability to speak and write Russian
* Ability to speak and write Spanish
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The District is a smoke-free and drug-free environment. This position involves both field and office work. You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle. Field work will occur outside in inclement weather conditions and require you to traverse difficult terrain, structures, fences, etc. You may occasionally lift and carry tools and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Position will require occasional work on weekends or after regularly scheduled work hours. The Member will have an assigned desk, telephone, and computer at the CCD office. The position involves computer work that may include long periods sitting, typing, and reading from a computer screen. It is necessary to have adequate vision and motor skills to perform the duties of the position including hearing voice conversation and the manual dexterity to operate a computer. Frequent travel over a multi-county area is required, including occasional overnight travel. The ability to drive significant distances in a variety of weather conditions, year-round, is required. A personal vehicle to travel to and from the District Office is recommended, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits
Education award, living allowance, and student loan deferment, provided per AmeriCorps guidelines:
* Monthly stipend of $1,450 before deductions and withholdings.
* $6,195 education award for college costs or student loans.
* Basic health insurance. * Assistance with childcare costs.
* Forbearance of qualified student loans.
* Payment of interest on qualified student loans accrued during the service term.
* Serving in a full-time AmeriCorps position qualifies as "employment" towards the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
* Experience and partnerships to build your career.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The CCD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, gender orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal, or local laws. This policy covers all programs, services and procedures of the CCD.
Interviews for this position are anticipated in July; the position is open until filled. Failure to submit all required materials will remove an applicant from consideration. To be considered, applicants must submit the following:
1. Resume and one-page cover letter in PDF format that specifically demonstrates how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position. Submit to Ashley Smithers at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
2. An application on the My AmeriCorps website https://my.americorps.gov/
3. Two references through the My AmeriCorps website.
The projected start date for the position is in September, subject to negotiation.
For more information and position description see the AmeriCorps website:
For more information about AmeriCorps and the Washington Service Corps, visit the Washington Service Corps website: https://washingtonservicecorps.org
For further information, contact Ashley Smithers, Resource Specialist at 360-859-4782 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Clark Conservation District
location: 813 West Main Street, Suite 106
Battle Ground, WA 98604