Job Title: Data Analyst
Start Date: July 2013
Employment Status: Full-time exempt
The mission of 3Degrees is to reduce the magnitude of climate change by accelerating the world’s
transition to a low-carbon, renewable energy economy. 3Degrees is a certified B-Corp, and partners with organizations to increase demand for renewable energy and carbon offsets. 3Degrees’ Portland office focuses on partnering with utilities to grow participation in their renewable energy and carbon offset programs through a variety of customer education and marketing initiatives including, but not limited to direct mail, bill inserts, direct person-to-person outreach, and social media.
3Degrees is seeking a junior level, motivated and passionate individual to help shape a newly created position focused on improving the operational efficiency and analytic strength of our team. The successful candidate will be working on data collection & processing, statistical analysis, geographic analysis, process improvement, and project management.
Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of data management tasks, including, but not limited to:
• Data Collection & Process Management: collect, organize, and manage multiple data sets; data
entry will be required to build some data sets for analysis
• Streamline data collection and management processes for efficiency
• Manage and improve route planning process for in-field canvassing team: utilize GIS or other
means to develop a streamlined approach to door-to-door sales
• Utilize statistics, analysis software, and qualitative information to interpret results from and
guide future marketing campaigns.
• Act as data expert across multiple client relationships; may include some direct client
• Create and provide reports
• Initiate and respond to internal and external communication with colleagues and clients to
coordinate data transfer and project completion
The following are required qualifications for this position:
• 4-year college degree
• Intermediate to expert Excel user: ability to use the index, match, if, vlookup, and pivot
functions. Ability or interest in creating array functions and macros.
• Strong attention to detail. Data accuracy and integrity are paramount.
• Interest in problem-solving, and analyzing data sets containing anywhere from one thousand to
several hundred thousand records in Microsoft Excel or other statistical software package
• Interest and ability to manage multi-step projects and processes from start to finish
• Experience creating or improving Excel or other data collection templates for the smooth
transfer of data between teams
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to understand the impact of qualitative factors on decision making and analysis of data
• Willing to start in a junior role with opportunities for advancement
In addition to the required qualifications above, candidates for this position will either have already
at their disposal or the strong interest to learn multi-variable statistical analysis, utilize a statistical
software package such as SPSS, utilize Microsoft Access to query and enter data into a database, work with ARC GIS or other similar software to analyze geographic information and plan walk routes, and have several years of work experience.
• Compensation commensurate with experience
• Company equity
• Group medical, dental, and vision
• Become part of a team of individuals equally committed to sustainability and renewable energy
If you are interested in the opportunity to help grow the renewable energy economy and this role
sounds like a good fit, visit our careers page at 3degreesinc.iapplicants.com to apply for the Data Analyst
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE 3DEGREES WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED. 3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Leave a Reply.