A Design Engineer/GIS Specialist job opportunity in Portland,Oregon is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. You will provide computer-assisted design (CAD) services supporting design for new customer connections (single family, large residential, multi-family, commercial, and industrial) and for transmission and distribution integrity jobs (cut sheet, road widening, feeder, and transmission and distribution line). Must have the ability to edit with ArcFM tools.
Design Engineer/GIS Specialist job responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the design and drafting concepts/details are accurately and clearly conveyed on drawings
• Utilize field notes/sketches, engineering drawings and customer-provided CAD files to prepare design and construction drawings
• Update electrical distribution model, in GIS, to record "as-built" changes
• Ensure that designs meet established drafting standards and mapping guidelines
• Prepare graphic and technical illustrations
• Knowledge of distribution overhead and underground design standards and materials
• Demonstrated knowledge of CAD theory and techniques, with minimum two years Micro Station experience
• Four years of experience in engineering design and drafting with technical school training; or two years of experience with an associate’s degree in computer-assisted design; or an associate’s degree in engineering technology with an emphasis in geographic information systems or computer-assisted drafting, design and theory
• One year experience with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or above for map production and spatial analysis
• Experience with Schneider ArcFM
• Experience with the electric utility business
• Ability to edit with ArcFM tools, Session Manager, and ArcFM feeder tracing
If you are interested in this Design Engineer/GIS Specialist job opportunity in Portland, Oregon then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Carol Heard at 503-535-2588 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled