GIS Analyst | BERK | Seattle, WA
GIS Analyst – http://berkconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/GIS-Analyst-BERK-2016_1219.pdf
We seek an individual with experience in GIS and data analysis to work on a range of engaging and community-building public policy and management consulting projects. Responsibilities may include:
• Conducting analyses that integrate geographic and spatial data with other analytic methods.
• Managing and building databases in support of projects.
• Creating maps, graphics, and interactive visualizations to communicate analyses to multiple audiences.
• Providing cartographic and information design capabilities to a variety of policy projects.
• Presenting findings internally and to clients.
REQUIRED SKILLS. At least three years of related work experience; excellent analytic, writing and communication skills; and the ability to multi-task. Ability to independently plan, organize, integrate and maintain a comprehensive GIS to meet BERK project needs. A solid understanding of GIS concepts and analytical techniques, including mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation, and analysis using ArcGIS. Ability to investigate complex policy and analytical questions using spatial analysis. The candidate must be high energy, detail-oriented, passionate about local policy issues, and prepared to be a hands-on contributor in a fast-paced environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE. We seek multi-talented, multi-dimensional team members with additional interests and experience that could include: web mapping application development and broader data analysis and reporting skills. Prior consulting experience and graduate degree are preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software is a plus.