LINN COUNTY GIS
County Courthouse, Fourth & Broadalbin Streets
PO Box 100, Albany, Oregon 97321
Phone (541) 924-6903 Fax (541) 926-0211
CLASSIFICATION TITLE: GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM ANALYST (Classification Number 862)
Management Exempt Full-time position (37.5 hours/week) working in the Linn County GIS Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Perform small and medium size project management, meeting with GIS users to define data and application requirements. Developing and utilize GIS software products and tools aimed at satisfying user needs.
· Convert and integrate spatial data into a wide variety of different data formats from vendor specific file formats to relational databases.
· Develop GIS based programming/modeling tools to streamline and automate internal workload for Linn County employees. Develop GIS web based tools to aid partner agencies and the general public.
· Perform complex analysis projects using GIS software tools and data.
· Train and assist Linn County GIS users and project partners in developing and producing system products.
· Provide assistance to the public and intergovernmental agencies for data transfer, project assistance and general information.
· Produce presentation material using the GIS software and other computer applications, including but not limited to maps, drawings, charts, posters, newsletters, displays, flyers, bulletins and related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university with major course work in geography, cartography, computer science, engineering or a closely related field, and a minimum of two years related experience in the use of a geographic information system in developing and maintaining land-based mapping applications and data, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the work described.
COMPENSATION: $3918 - $4925 per month (DOQ), plus excellent benefits.
CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2019 or until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed Linn County Employment Application Form, along with a resume and cover letter, to Steve Barnett, GIS Program Manager, Linn County GIS Department, PO Box 100, Albany, Oregon 97321; FAX : 541-926-8228. Application forms may be obtained, along with the job classification, from the Linn County Commissioners’ Office at the Linn County Courthouse or by calling (541) 967-3825. Application forms can also be obtained at the Oregon Employment Division in Albany or at the Linn County Home Page at http:// www.co.linn.or.us