Do you enjoy analyzing statistics and spatial data? Do you enjoy converting data into alternative formats? If so, Come Lead with Us by joining the Engineering and Construction Services Division within the Department of Land Use and Transportation as a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst!
The Engineering and Construction Services Division is committed to designing and constructing a safe and efficient multi-modal transportation system in the most cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner possible. As a GIS Analyst, you will be responsible for performing complex spatial analysis and database inquiries as well as designing, creating and maintaining geodatabases to develop and maintain data layers and spatial data structures using GIS tools and relational databases and converting data into alternative formats. This information will be used to design and prepare a variety of maps, illustrations and other graphic representations that display layers which represent spatial data within Washington County!
The incumbent in this role should have experience developing maps, asset management, databases managing multiple projects, be comfortable with GIS software applications to modify computer programs, automate geoprocessing and build data analysis tools. In addition, the incumbent should be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers.
Please use the following link to view the Land Use and Transportation Careers Website: LUT Careers. We offer a collaborative culture, work-life balance, and a comprehensive benefits package. Working within our local government agency provides daily opportunities to serve, build and sustain communities now and into the future. Washington County is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the rich diversity in our region. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include:
1. Performs complex spatial analysis and database queries; designs, creates and maintains geodatabases; develops and maintains data layers and spatial data structures using GIS tools and relational databases; converts data into alternative formats.
2. Analyzes data to design and prepare a variety of maps, illustrations and other graphic representations that display layers representing spatial data.
3. Uses various programming languages to modify existing software in order to increase functionality, automate processes or build analysis tools; writes and maintains scripts; debugs application flow and design, documents and tests software modifications; translates geographic and demographic data into formulas for data entry.
4. Provides technical support on GIS software; serves as a technical resource for other staff on difficult GIS databases and application issues; provides training to work groups using GIS applications and mapping; participates in work and advisory groups to coordinate data use with other Washington County departments and external agencies.
5. Coordinates and works with other GIS Analysts and information systems management to determine direction of GIS application development and implementation.
6. Participates in forums and discussions with managers of information systems and other GIS Analysts to recommend computer software or hardware acquisitions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience
Leave a Reply.