Washington State Department of Natural Resources announces an opening for:
Information Technology Specialist 4
Recruitment # 2013-01-6883-00409
SALARY RANGE: $4,542 – $5,958 per month
TYPE OF POSITION: Permanent, Full-time
LOCATION: Olympia, Washington
OPEN UNTIL FILLED; FIRST REVIEW JANUARY 30, 2014
We are seeking an energetic and innovative GIS Analyst/Developer to join our team in the WA DNR State Uplands GIS Program. This position provides senior-level consultation, analysis, design, and development of system applications, geodatabases, and map services for mission-critical State Trust forest management programs.
• Designing and creating specialized scripts, methodologies and procedures to analyze, implement, and automate GIS processes involving raster, vector, and tabular datasets.
• Supporting the conversion of legacy GIS applications to modern supported platforms.
• Managing GIS projects, gathering and refining system requirements from customers; performing data/process analysis and writing technical specifications.
• Evaluating new procedures and technologies for integration into business workflows.
• Providing customer support, consultation, and data stewardship services.
This position provides services to decision makers involved in the management of over 3 million acres of State Trust lands and across many programs (e.g. silviculture, timber sale, sustainable harvest and forest land planning).
• A bachelor’s degree in Geography, Forestry, Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree, with a focus on GIS.
• At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in GIS consultation, analysis, design, programming, and technical support.
• At least 2 years demonstrated experience in ESRI ArcGIS programming (Python, VB, C#, Java, Flex, Silverlight, etc.).
• At least 2 years demonstrated experience in GIS environmental modeling and analysis using vector and raster datasets.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting, developing, and/or managing web-based GIS technologies.
• Demonstrated experience designing and creating compelling data summaries, reports, and visualizations.
• Demonstrated experience managing GIS projects, gathering requirements, and writing technical documentation.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication (verbal and writing), and customer service skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
OR GO TO:
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions about this position, please contact Chris Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov.