Thomson Reuters is hiring up to 8 temporary contractors to digitize tax jurisdictions. The positions start as soon as possible and run through January. These contractors will be using ArcGIS 10.2 standard edition.
Research, analyze and document GIS data for various taxes in U.S. jurisdictions. Maintain accurate and timely GIS content.
Job responsibilities include:
• Research, analyze, and document GIS data for various tax types and jurisdictions.
• Assist in maintaining a GIS data set for the entire U.S. in both a GIS and database structure.
• Correspond with state and local authorities regarding tax boundaries.
• Perform special projects as assigned by management.
Job and work experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in geography, information systems, computer science or related field.
• Experience with Microsoft Access 2007 or 2010 a plus
Special skills and knowledge requirements:
• Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively and handle multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of GIS fundamentals including strong spatial data development skills.
• Software systems: ESRI Standard, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
• Databases: knowledge of database concepts (data types, queries, filters, table design)
Other attributes required:
• Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong aptitude for detail.
• Must be a self-starter.
Please contact me at Meara.email@example.com if interested.
US Tax Research