Job ID: IRC14820
Company Name: Clark County
Location: Vancouver, WA
Close: First Review: 04/15/2016 then open until filled.
CLARK COUNTY’S Geographic Information Systems, located in Vancouver, WA, is seeking a GIS COORDIN ATOR who will bring their enthusiasm and passion for lifelong learning to assist the county's preeminent GIS group.
HOW TO APPLY:
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at: www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/before-you-apply IRC14820
The GIS Coordinator acts as business analyst and project manager for Clark County’s enterprise GIS program. The primary responsibilities will be to work with client departments and agencies to identify and prioritize areas where GIS can be used to improve operational efficiency. The coordinator works with clients to define the capability gaps, requirements, solution alternatives, and selection of the preferred solution; providing project oversight and technical expertise during the implementation of the selected solution.
The GIS Coordinator reports to the GIS Director in this leadership role, overseeing GIS business processes, maintenance workflows, product development and quality control; including management and supervision of GIS staff. This is an exempt non-represented position.
Qualifications typically include four years of experience in the design, development, and project management of GIS based projects plus a Bachelor's degree with major coursework in computer science, geography, project management, business analysis, public administration or related fields. The degree must have been conferred by an institution of higher education and have National Recognition of Accrediting Agencies by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Exceptional knowledge about GIS and its application to local government.
• Demonstrated experience in creating project plans and guiding teams through successful project execution.
• Experience utilizing Esri-related technology in a professional environment.
Any combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrate the ability to perform the work will be considered.
• Geographic Information Systems.
• ESRI software tools and capabilities including but not limited to ArcGIS, Python, SqlServer, and ArcGIS Server.
• Business Analysis and Project Management.
• Geography, Cartography, GIS Analysis, Informatics.
• Local Government activities including but not limited to Assessment and Taxation, Land Records and Cadastral Mapping, Community Planning, Law and Justice, Emergency Management, Environmental Services, Public Health, Parks, Public Works.
• Integrate commercial software applications such as permitting, assessment and taxation, or document management systems with GIS.
• Oversee the design and development of intuitive, consistent and supportable GIS solutions.
• Work well within a team environment.
• Evaluate, learn and apply new technology.
• Communicate directly and effectively with clients, end users, and technical staff during all phases of a GIS project.
$6,232 - $8,804 per month
BENEFITS AND SALARY INFORMATION
Clark County offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Days Off
• Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
• Retirement Options
• Employee Assistance Program
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
It is the general policy of the County to start employees in the lower or middle sections of the salary range.
Clark County is located in the southwestern part of the State of Washington, across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. With almost 600 programs serving nearly 436,000 residents, the county provides a wide variety of employment opportunities for about 1600 people. Clark County’s structure is complex, with 18 elected officials, 13 regional councils and districts, and numerous appointed boards. Although the county seat is in downtown Vancouver, county employees provide services to all of its residents, from urban cities and towns, to the hundreds of miles of beautiful countryside. Clark County offers excellent livability and a relatively low cost of living. There is no state income tax.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clark County is committed to increasing the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of its workforce and ensuring that diversity is a key priority of our organization. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online on our website @ www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/before-you-apply . Application materials are due by the closing date listed on the recruitment. Please read the Job Posting material thoroughly to determine application requirements.
Clark County Human Resources Department
1300 Franklin Street - 5th Floor
PO Box 5000
Vancouver, WA 98666-5000